• Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Or you could've gone from Jamaal Charles to Kareem Hunt

I mean if we are comparing our current player to potential future, I think at the moment Brees -> Mahomes would be closer to Manning -> Luck than Charles -> Hunt or Favre -> Rodgers as I consider both Hunt and Rodgers to be better players than their predecessors.  I like the potential of Mahomes more, but I don't know if I would say he will definitely be better than Brees.

What we can definitely say though is that the Saints went from basically Alex Smith to Patrick Mahomes in regards to #1 CB play with Marshon Lattimore.

Just now, Raves said:

I mean if we are comparing our current player to potential future, I think at the moment Brees -> Mahomes would be closer to Manning -> Luck than Charles -> Hunt or Favre -> Rodgers as I consider both Hunt and Rodgers to be better players than their predecessors.  I like the potential of Mahomes more, but I don't know if I would say he will definitely be better than Brees.

What we can definitely say though is that the Saints went from basically Alex Smith to Patrick Mahomes in regards to #1 CB play with Marshon Lattimore.

You think Kareem is better than Charles? I cant back you on that.

Just now, Chiefer said:

You think Kareem is better than Charles? I cant back you on that.

That's fair, but as much as I liked Charles, I really like Hunt and I think he should be a much bigger part of your offense than he currently is.  Last year although I'm happy Kamara won the OROY if Hunt had won it instead I wouldn't have been 100% supportive of that decision.  Hunt is just as special of a player as Kamara but this year he hasn't been able to show it for whatever reason.  I think prime Charles is better than current Hunt, but based on how I see their progression, Hunt wins that hands down and 4 times on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Joke's on you because now we get to focus on the super bowl. 

Yall are going to have too. I texted my friend last night saying Brees might have just lost the MVP and the Saints team might have just lost the 1 seed in the playoffs in the same night. Payton/Brees are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs. If the road goes through LA, I feel great about our chances of beating the Saints. 

6 hours ago, Raves said:

That's fair, but as much as I liked Charles, I really like Hunt and I think he should be a much bigger part of your offense than he currently is.  Last year although I'm happy Kamara won the OROY if Hunt had won it instead I wouldn't have been 100% supportive of that decision.  Hunt is just as special of a player as Kamara but this year he hasn't been able to show it for whatever reason.  I think prime Charles is better than current Hunt, but based on how I see their progression, Hunt wins that hands down and 4 times on Sunday.

While I think Hunt is a beast as you mentioned. It isn't an apples to apples comparison with Charles. Charles had Larry Johnson ahead of him when he came into the league. It was clear that Charles was the better RB, but Larry Johnson was still viewed as their bell cow. Charles in his 2nd season was able to get more of a full workload and averaged 5.9 ypc (first season as a starter), and then followed it up with 6.4 ypc in his (2nd season as a starter). Unfortunately for Charles, he had a couple knee injuries in his career. Had he not, I think he had Hall Of Fame potential.

47 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yall are going to have too. I texted my friend last night saying Brees might have just lost the MVP and the Saints team might have just lost the 1 seed in the playoffs in the same night. Payton/Brees are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs. If the road goes through LA, I feel great about our chances of beating the Saints. 

Thankfully 2 of those road losses were games against the 49ers in 2011, and the Vikings last year. These games were about as down to the wire as games can possibly get "Minneapolis Miracle", and the Saints were up 32 to 29 against the 49ers with a minute left in the 4th quarter in 2011. Brees had 756 passing yards, and 7 touchdowns in those 2 losses. In other words, Brees has still dominated in these road games, but now we may have the best defense we had since Payton arrived. I suppose my main point is it should be a good game that likely comes down to the wire if we meet again in the playoffs.

Archived