• Patrick Mahomes
    • Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

It should be Mahomes, but it is what it is.

Brees lost the MVP in 09, partly due to Peyton having a better record and more GWDs, but those two things are in his favor this year.  There is definitely a sentimental vote gonna go in Brees favor, but I didn't(and still don't really) think it'd be enough.

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

It should be Mahomes, but it is what it is.

Brees lost the MVP in 09, partly due to Peyton having a better record and more GWDs, but those two things are in his favor this year.  There is definitely a sentimental vote gonna go in Brees favor, but I didn't(and still don't really) think it'd be enough.

Pretty much how I see it too. It would take alot for Mahomes to lose it at this point and rightfully so. I know this year has been an explosion for all QB's but what he has been doing this year is phenomenal.

That said though, if this was any other year, Brees would have MVP on locked down right now.

It would take alot for Mahomes to lose it at this point and rightfully so.

I don't think it would take much at all for Mahomes to lose the award. If the Chiefs lose to Seattle and NO beats the Steelers with Brees having a great game, that might just be enough.

A game like this from Rivers in a televised game this close to the end of the regular season isn't going to sit well with the voters when it's all said and done. They're going to remember this and can possibly over-shadow alot of what he has done this year.

It is still Mahomes to lose. And quite frankly like I said before he already has it in the bag at this point. 

22 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Rivers still has a chance. I can make a very very compelling argument. But ill wait to see how things play out next 2 weeks, than i will present my case if it still exist to the public jury.  Just give me a fair shake. 

No need to make your closing argument now bro

Yeah that was a tough one. HOOOOWEVER, KC won when Mahomes went 0 td and 2 ints and Brees won when he went 0 td and 1 int.  But yeah.. i think Rivers loses his chance. If only Gates didnt fumble. He might of pulled it out at the end again. 

Oddly enough i dont think 5 seed is bad. Chargers are 7-0 outside LA and 4-4 in LA.

40 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah that was a tough one. HOOOOWEVER, KC won when Mahomes went 0 td and 2 ints and Brees won when he went 0 td and 1 int.  But yeah.. i think Rivers loses his chance. If only Gates didnt fumble. He might of pulled it out at the end again. 

Oddly enough i dont think 5 seed is bad. Chargers are 7-0 outside LA and 4-4 in LA.

Yeah but in that 0/2 game he also rushed for one TD and made many plays that kept drives alive. He didn't crap the bed.

4 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Can we officially cross Rivers off the list now? IMO he should never have been mentioned with Brees and Mahomes but for some reason his name was popping up a lot lately.

Talk about any award long enough, and people will want new names just to add new names. Rivers has merit, and although he's not on the same level, he's close enough to give people someone to talk about. Like Luck before he was shut out.

6 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Can we officially cross Rivers off the list now? IMO he should never have been mentioned with Brees and Mahomes but for some reason his name was popping up a lot lately.

What? Prior to last night Rivers had a great argument.

His worst games prior to last night was an 89 passer rating. Brees and Mahomes both had games under 70 passer rating.  Prior to last night Rivers had no 0 td games, unlike Mahomes or Brees. Prior to last night Rivers had no games with more turnovers than tds like Mahomes and Brees. Prior to last night Rivers was the only one of the 3 to have big spots on primetime televsion vs winning teams. He did it on the road, with 4th qtr comebacks and overcoming double digit deficits in both vs division leaders.

Rivers absolutely had a case. He was 3rd in qbr and passer rating, right there in DVOA and PFF grade. If Gates doesnt fumble. Rivers might if orchestrated another 4th qtr comeback. Guess we will never know. So im baffled how you can say he wasnt in the convo. He absolutely was.

If brees and mahomes wet the bed this week, which is completely possible. He can be right back in it. 

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

What? Prior to last night Rivers had a great argument.

His worst games prior to last night was an 89 passer rating. Brees and Mahomes both had games under 70 passer rating.  Prior to last night Rivers had no 0 td games, unlike Mahomes or Brees. Prior to last night Rivers had no games with more turnovers than tds like Mahomes and Brees. Prior to last night Rivers was the only one of the 3 to have big spots on primetime televsion vs winning teams. He did it on the road, with 4th qtr comebacks and overcoming double digit deficits in both vs division leaders.

Rivers absolutely had a case. He was 3rd in qbr and passer rating, right there in DVOA and PFF grade. If Gates doesnt fumble. Rivers might if orchestrated another 4th qtr comeback. Guess we will never know. So im baffled how you can say he wasnt in the convo. He absolutely was.

If brees and mahomes wet the bed this week, which is completely possible. He can be right back in it. 

Mahomes hasnt had a zero touchdown game this season

Archived