If McCarthy and Harbaugh get fired, what next for them?

patriotsheatyan

25 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Sean Payton was on the hot seat last year.  Then he had the best team hes probably ever had.  Now he has a team that's ready to win the superbowl, but if they didnt make the playoffs last year, he probably would have been fired.

Yes if we hadn't made the playoffs last year, Saints fans would be almost unanimously calling for his head.  Many of us already were, and some of us still want to move on.  I don't know how much credit he actually deserves for getting the defense better, but I absolutely do give him credit for adapting the offense around an aging Brees. 

I won't say this is the best team we've ever had, I think 09 was better just for the takeaways on defense.  But lately they've gotten better there and if they keep it up, they might be.  

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes if we hadn't made the playoffs last year, Saints fans would be almost unanimously calling for his head.  Many of us already were, and some of us still want to move on.  I don't know how much credit he actually deserves for getting the defense better, but I absolutely do give him credit for adapting the offense around an aging Brees. 

I won't say this is the best team we've ever had, I think 09 was better just for the takeaways on defense.  But lately they've gotten better there and if they keep it up, they might be.  

You can hear the choir on a few Packers' forums besides here calling for McCarthy's head.  It started last year but the crescendo is peaking now.   If we find another way to lose this weekend it could get ugly... 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You can hear the choir on a few Packers' forums besides here calling for McCarthy's head.  It started last year but the crescendo is peaking now.   If we find another way to lose this weekend it could get ugly... 

I will say, I have much more faith in Payton on offensive matters than I do MM. Whether or not it's worth having historically bad defenses every other year is the kicker.

17 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The 09 team was really good, but on defense they were smoke and mirrors and takeaways.  The 17 saints were a very good defensive team, a very well balanced offense and in the playoffs Brees played his best football. Looking at the whole picture I really dont think it's all that close between 09 and 17 BC there really wasnt a weakness on 17.  You guys were beat by a fluke play on the road.  If the Minneapolis Miracle doesnt happen, NO becomes my pick to win the SuperBowl.

15 hours ago, Pugger said:

I think if the Pack loses to Miami this weekend, it's going to be an implosion on that team.  Rodgers has already been looking around at the other guys and pointing the finger at the HC.  We all know Aaron is winning any power struggle 

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The 09 team was really good, but on defense they were smoke and mirrors and takeaways.  The 17 saints were a very good defensive team, a very well balanced offense and in the playoffs Brees played his best football. Looking at the whole picture I really dont think it's all that close between 09 and 17 BC there really wasnt a weakness on 17.  You guys were beat by a fluke play on the road.  If the Minneapolis Miracle doesnt happen, NO becomes my pick to win the SuperBowl.

We were deeper on offense in 09.  We had nobody like Thomas or Kamara, but the depth guys were better.  Our balance was also great in 09.  We had very similar rushing numbers, we just did it with Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, and Pierre Thomas.  The RBs didn't contribute as much in the passing game as they do now however.  But we made that up with better depth at receiver.  And a prime Brees that could better utilize the deep ball.

The defense was worse sure, but they preached takeaways and did a good job forcing them.  This had a huge impact, especially since our offense was so efficient that year.  Giving them more chances to score made us almost unbeatable.  All in all, we scored a lot more points in 09.  The 09 team also had Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans in their prime.

I won't argue too much though, because the current team is doing what they're doing with a 40 year old Brees.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:01 AM, footbull3196 said:

Harbaugh already got issued an ultimatum after last season's debacle against the Bengals that he needs to make the playoffs this year or he's fired.  There's no way they would let it continue after a 4th straight year of no playoffs

This is not true. In fact, Bisciotti said the opposite: "He's under as much pressure than probably he's ever been in his life, and I expect him to keep his chin up and take his positivity and his talents and make the most of the season," Bisciotti said. "I may as well replace him now if I tell him to make the playoffs or you're out of town next year. That's not the way we run business here."

The national media believes this Harbaugh hot-seat story a lot more than the those that follow the team; they are pulling from the same quotes, but it seems like the national media doesn't have time to read/listen to the whole statements from the the press conferences they are quoting. 

I think Harbaugh is a top tier coach. The Ravens roster isn't bad, there's a lot of "good" players, but with the seasons Mosley, Jimmy Smith, WIlliams, etc are having... there really isn't a great player on the team. Is there a top 100 player on this team? 150? It's not like Harbaugh is overseeing an all-star team that is producing like a .500 team. My feeling watching this team, is not that the coaching is holding them back. There are tangible weaknesses of the roster that need addressing. 

I think it's totally unfair to lump him in with a guy coaching a HOF QB in his prime. Kind of a much easier job there...

Both will get hired. You win a Super Bowl it’s pretty much automatic someone will give you another chance if you want one. Even Super Bowl losers I.e. Jeff Fisher, Whisenhunt usually get another shot 

Even if it’s clear as day to almost everyone that a QB, a playcaller, or the overall talent of the team had more to do with it there will always be people who think the head coach had something to do with getting the ring 

On 11/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

I think if the Pack loses to Miami this weekend, it's going to be an implosion on that team.  Rodgers has already been looking around at the other guys and pointing the finger at the HC.  We all know Aaron is winning any power struggle 

Where did you see/hear this?

48 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Where did you see/hear this?

After the buffalo game he called out the play calling.  Granted he didn't say "its Macs fault" but we all knew what he meant.  After the Pat's he didnt say Aaron Jones's name, but again we knew who he was talking about.jmo, but I think this all started when they cut Jordy.  

Archived