If McCarthy and Harbaugh get fired, what next for them?

patriotsheatyan

Rodgers body language seems aweful this year. Like he’s disgusted with play calls and excecution. He’s such a horrible leader man...

After thenJimmy failed jump ball you could see him unhappy and murmer under his lips..

Rodgers is not a happy man at all. Think he’s Done with MM. 

9 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Harbaugh would get another job immediately.

McCarthy would probably have to wait a little while for another head coaching opportunity. 

What has Harbaugh done to generate that type of response? He’s horrible. He’s has everything plus then some more in his time in Bal. 

I think they'd be hot commodities, and if they wanted to keep coaching asap, they could get jobs rather quickly. Reid was probably the last coach of this kind of caliber to get fired, and he joined up with KC in a matter of months. While I think GB absolutely has to fire MM, I don't necessarily think he's a bad coach. Sometimes a change of scenery is just needed for both sides. 

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

That's what happens when the offensive game plan is mostly "just get open". It never seems like the Packers ever have a real game plan or script to follow. Just Rodgers continuously pulling a bunny out of his hat.

How much of this is Rodgers changing plays at the line?  I'm pretty sure he has wide berth to do so.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

How much of this is Rodgers changing plays at the line?  I'm pretty sure he has wide berth to do so.

Against the Rams bother! He threw MM

Under the bus brother. He said brother and I quote, MM handles the whole game brother sans the last 2 mins. Rodgers said he controls the 2 mins offense brother. 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Under the bus brother. He said brother and I quote, MM handles the whole game brother sans the last 2 mins. Rodgers said he controls the 2 mins offense brother. 

Calm down there Hulk Hogan.

But I think it's fair to suggest that maybe Aaron Rodgers isn't all that great at pre-snap reads/adjustments and his play largely relies on his athleticism.

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Yea, doesn't mean he always does exactly what MM wants either.

Im not saying it's good or bad, but it could certainly make the offense look different.  

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

And it sputters even with Rodgers running it.  Most of us are ready to move on from McCarthy.  He's not a bad coach.  We've had a lot of wins and a SB under his tutelage but it appears this offense is in dire need of a new voice to breath some life into this stagnant offense.    We all hope Pettine sticks around if we get a new HC in 2019.

Yep, kinda similar to what Happened with Andy Reid in Philly (though his ability to build a playbook was never in question)

You just both need a fresh start after awhile

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

That OL/DL trash??? Oh no. I retract my last statement.

It's not that it's trash, it's just that Harbaugh isn't the guy developing/drafting the talent there. Clarence Brooks (RIP) was the guy doing the DL, and our OL has never been good except 2014 when Kubiak was here.

Archived