If McCarthy and Harbaugh get fired, what next for them?

patriotsheatyan

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

Neither gets fired imo.

If they do, harbaugh can immediately get a job after being fired. McCarthy would have to become an OC or hook up with a former Packers front office executive.

Harbaugh already got issued an ultimatum after last season's debacle against the Bengals that he needs to make the playoffs this year or he's fired.  There's no way they would let it continue after a 4th straight year of no playoffs

4 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Wasn’t it a rumor that the Browns would have interest in McCarthy if he gets fired?

It's a logical fit given McCarthy's history with Aaron, and the Browns desire to develop Mayfield.  Add on the strong ties to the Packers' FO and McCarthy seems to be a logical fit there.

3 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Do they get hired right away? Or does McCarthy have to wait or take a lesser job?

Given McCarthy's history, I have a hard time believing that he would be on the market for too long and would def get interest as HC somewhere.. 

I might be alone on this, but I have never thought Harbaugh was that good of a coach at all so I'm not sure what his future would be.  

The Jets would offer the farm to either one of them. Not saying I'd necessarily AGREE with that decision, but a big splash coach hiring to galvanize a franchise that's been bad - mediocre the last 7 years wouldn't be far-fetched.

Archived