If McCarthy and Harbaugh get fired, what next for them?

patriotsheatyan

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Neither gets fired imo.

If they do, harbaugh can immediately get a job after being fired. McCarthy would have to become an OC or hook up with a former Packers front office executive.

Prob the other way around. Harbaugh hasn't done much of anything since his Super Bowl. The Packers went to multiple NFCCG's and had years at the top of the NFC

Yeah, can see the McCarthy to the Browns connection. Not the worst move, but if I’m a Baker fan I want someone with some creativity to craft an offense to utilize his talent. McCarthy has been a big reason the packers have been held back, that offense sucks without one of the most talented QBs of all time running it.

Neither would be on the market for long unless it was their own decision to do so - and to sit and wait for a specific or the right opportunity.  People can bash them all they want, they're Super Bowl winning head coaches, those don't grow on trees and owners put value in that kind of success.  Plus the league is one giant nepotism tree already, that's not changing anytime soon.

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Harbaugh already got issued an ultimatum after last season's debacle against the Bengals that he needs to make the playoffs this year or he's fired.  There's no way they would let it continue after a 4th straight year of no playoffs

I don't know where you got that horse malarkey but that's definitely not the case. https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-harbaugh-under-fire-20180202-story.html

No denying the ravens could fire harbaugh, but I don't see Eric Decosta hitting the reset button (if Harbaugh goes, Flacco goes too more than likely) and I doubt he'd want to do that until he knows Jackson is ready. 

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

Prob the other way around. Harbaugh hasn't done much of anything since his Super Bowl. The Packers went to multiple NFCCG's and had years at the top of the NFC

I mean they did do that, but they've also squandered several seasons with Rodgers and McCarthy has consistently been an idiot when it comes to the defensive side of the ball. 

He'll probably get another HC job on resume alone, but he's nothing without Rodgers (Yes I know he also helped develop Rodgers, and was decent with farve) but with any QB but farve/Rodgers starting he's  (3-8-1) that's pretty bad. 

7 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Harbaugh already got issued an ultimatum after last season's debacle against the Bengals that he needs to make the playoffs this year or he's fired.  There's no way they would let it continue after a 4th straight year of no playoffs

This is a common misunderstanding that is mostly driven by reporters. In his press conference, Steve Bisciotti was pretty clear, that the thought of firing Harbaugh was an instant reaction to the Tyler Boyd TD. He described it as a "fan reaction", and there was never any consideration to fire Harbaugh. 

What he has stressed though, is that he expects results and that is why we can talk about Harbaugh being on the hot seat, but that has nothing to do with the reaction after the Bengals game.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's a logical fit given McCarthy's history with Aaron, and the Browns desire to develop Mayfield.  Add on the strong ties to the Packers' FO and McCarthy seems to be a logical fit there.

Do you think he'd be a good hire for us?

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, can see the McCarthy to the Browns connection. Not the worst move, but if I’m a Baker fan I want someone with some creativity to craft an offense to utilize his talent. McCarthy has been a big reason the packers have been held back, that offense sucks without one of the most talented QBs of all time running it.

And it sputters even with Rodgers running it.  Most of us are ready to move on from McCarthy.  He's not a bad coach.  We've had a lot of wins and a SB under his tutelage but it appears this offense is in dire need of a new voice to breath some life into this stagnant offense.    We all hope Pettine sticks around if we get a new HC in 2019.

Just now, Pugger said:

And it sputters even with Rodgers running it.  Most of us are ready to move on from McCarthy.  He's not a bad coach.  We've had a lot of wins and a SB under his tutelage but it appears this offense is in dire need of a new voice to breath some life into this stagnant offense.    We all hope Pettine sticks around if we get a new HC in 2019.

That's what happens when the offensive game plan is mostly "just get open". It never seems like the Packers ever have a real game plan or script to follow. Just Rodgers continuously pulling a bunny out of his hat.

Archived