Amari Cooper has fixed Dak!

DaBoys

Still not sold he was worth our first rounder, since I remain pretty convinced that’ll be a Top 15 pick.

But I think the notion that he’s not a sizable upgrade on Dez can be put to bed. Dez got absolutely shut down by Ronald Darby last year, who couldn’t guard Cooper last night at all.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Still not sold he was worth our first rounder, since I remain pretty convinced that’ll be a Top 15 pick.

But I think the notion that he’s not a sizable upgrade on Dez can be put to bed. Dez got absolutely shut down by Ronald Darby last year, who couldn’t guard Cooper last night at all.

It is a bit of a rock, paper, scissors game when it comes to wideouts. Great ones can compensate others maybe not so much. 

23 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

8 for 63 on 17 targets isn’t as nearly identical to 6/75/10 as you might like it to be

It's not near enough of a difference to warrant any absolutes.

Dez was hammered  most for never topping 100. Lets wait till cooper does it in this offense a few times(or at least once) before we start the "see I told you Dez sucked" rhetoric.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It's not near enough of a difference to warrant any absolutes.

Dez was hammered  most for never topping 100. Lets wait till cooper does it in this offense a few times(or at least once) before we start the "see I told you Dez sucked" rhetoric.

No because it’s not rhetoric. 3.7 yards per target and a 47% catch rate in such a crucial game was an abomination. He was getting bodied out of the back of the end zone by Jalen Mills and alligator arming tight window throws over the middle. He was useless garbage this time last year.

Meanwhile 6 for 75 undersells Cooper’s performance seeing as he was open for multiple long TDs last night. Again I know you’d like to think Dez was, but he wasn’t.

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I do like Cooper, and even prefer him over Dez. Mostly due to age. But I don't think the difference of talent between Cooper and Dez is enough to make a difference. Both just did it in different ways.

Cooper has yet to show he is as talented as Dez WAS key being was.. so far Cooper is more consistent shows more effort then  Dez did AT TIMES last year but it is too early to say. Let’s see how Cooper is for a whoke season.  Though I still doubt Cooper can make some of the plays in the ball that Dez did I do think Cooper is a little better route runner though.  

My main concern about Dez was he checked out a lot last year took plays off when he wasn’t being targeted  and got lazy and missed a number of catches he used to routinely make while also being unable to dominate one on one like he used too.   Granted I give some blame to Dak not being able to throw the back shoulder fade as well as Romo a little here as well. But Dak did target him a lot giving him a number of chances to make the contested catch And Sure Dez showed flashes of brilliance but also it seemed his teammates or the staff grew tired of his sideline rants

• Like 1

14 hours ago, matt79511 said:

No because it’s not rhetoric. 3.7 yards per target and a 47% catch rate in such a crucial game was an abomination. He was getting bodied out of the back of the end zone by Jalen Mills and alligator arming tight window throws over the middle. He was useless garbage this time last year.

Meanwhile 6 for 75 undersells Cooper’s performance seeing as he was open for multiple long TDs last night. Again I know you’d like to think Dez was, but he wasn’t.

There is tape all over the internet and posted in here this offseason, of Dez being open last year and not getting the ball, but your revisionist history is fun. 

How many times was Dez undersold?

Again he was a different type of WR than Cooper. Not as much separation but better hands. Cooper ran a fly route up the sideline Sunday and Dak over threw him by about 5 yards. Cooper just kinda looked at it.

I couldn't help but think Dez would have dove for that. Back in the day anyway.

I'll say again, I prefer Cooper to 30 year old injured Dez, but the team isn't better with 24 year old Cooper, than they were with 27 and 28 year old Dez.

Dak the passer is the problem.

Edited by DaBoys