Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crfalker05

Mid-Season Mock-o-rama

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I am not sure why Cleveland would trade for McCarthy when he is on the hot seat. Not only that, but with only 1 year on MMs deal, he could just leave Cleveland after 1 year, or retire...

A trade out of Green Bay would almost have to be orchestrated by McCarthy and his agent.  They'd have to be willing to accept a trade to Cleveland, plus they surely would strike a new deal on a contract before it ever was finalized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the mock - I hate that you have us going 6-9-1. We are making the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the off season moves, but was underwhelmed by the draft picks.  I don't know.....Just didn't seem impactful enough for the draft capital we've accumulated this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If Gute fires McCarthy he deserves to be fired.  McCarthy is probably one of three head coaches that could get traded for something.  If you want us to get rid of McCarthy, trade him.  That's what I think.

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

Maybe we could get a former first round corner turned safety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

2020 7th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

Half a piece of gum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are brutal.  MM is a highly regarded coach.  Trade MM scenario is pretty far out there.  Isn't going to happen.  MM does not want out of GB.  His wife if from GB and he also has a beautiful house in Juddville.  I don't think moving to Cleveland is what he or his family would want.  My guess is if anything he'd rather hang it up then coach somewhere else. (of course money talks)  Unless the Pack completely collapse he'll probably get another year to right the ship.  Either that or he'll decide to hang it up after the season to spend more time with his family.  We'll find out a lot in the coming weeks which way this team is headed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

The Browns first round pick in the draft once he wins a Super Bowl this year.  Not even kidding.  Jon Gruden was traded for two first round picks and two second rounds picks after four years in Oakland and a 40-28 record. 

Edited by Outpost31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not done reading it but I gotta say its a really enjoyable post.   A lot of work put into it, thank you!!!!

Edited by SSG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Browns first round pick in the draft once he wins a Super Bowl this year.  Not even kidding.  Jon Gruden was traded for two first round picks and two second rounds picks after four years in Oakland and a 40-28 record. 

For a guy the large majority of the fan base wants to axe?  And there's no way the Packers would fire Mac if they won the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For a guy the large majority of the fan base wants to axe?  And there's no way the Packers would fire Mac if they won the Super Bowl.

McCarthy has value.  Everybody points to what he did with Hundley/Flynn as a reason why he sucks, but with Hundley/Flynn, he won about 3 times more games than the Browns head coach has with McCown and Mayfield.

His value is more in turning a crap team good, which is exactly what the Browns want right now.  He would absolutely get us a second round pick even if we miss the playoffs this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

McCarthy has value.  Everybody points to what he did with Hundley/Flynn as a reason why he sucks, but with Hundley/Flynn, he won about 3 times more games than the Browns head coach has with McCown and Mayfield.

His value is more in turning a crap team good, which is exactly what the Browns want right now.  He would absolutely get us a second round pick even if we miss the playoffs this year.  

But that kind of value?  I could see maybe a mid-to-late round pick, but nobody is coughing up a 1st round pick for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CWood21 said:

But that kind of value?  I could see maybe a mid-to-late round pick, but nobody is coughing up a 1st round pick for him.

That's why we gotta win the Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

That's why we gotta win the Super Bowl. 

And in the event the Packers don't win?  You still think he's getting a 2nd round pick if we miss the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×