Mid-Season Mock-o-rama

crfalker05

42 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I am not sure why Cleveland would trade for McCarthy when he is on the hot seat. Not only that, but with only 1 year on MMs deal, he could just leave Cleveland after 1 year, or retire...

A trade out of Green Bay would almost have to be orchestrated by McCarthy and his agent.  They'd have to be willing to accept a trade to Cleveland, plus they surely would strike a new deal on a contract before it ever was finalized.

23 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If Gute fires McCarthy he deserves to be fired.  McCarthy is probably one of three head coaches that could get traded for something.  If you want us to get rid of McCarthy, trade him.  That's what I think.

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

You guys are brutal.  MM is a highly regarded coach.  Trade MM scenario is pretty far out there.  Isn't going to happen.  MM does not want out of GB.  His wife if from GB and he also has a beautiful house in Juddville.  I don't think moving to Cleveland is what he or his family would want.  My guess is if anything he'd rather hang it up then coach somewhere else. (of course money talks)  Unless the Pack completely collapse he'll probably get another year to right the ship.  Either that or he'll decide to hang it up after the season to spend more time with his family.  We'll find out a lot in the coming weeks which way this team is headed.  

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly do you think Mac is worth in a trade?

The Browns first round pick in the draft once he wins a Super Bowl this year.  Not even kidding.  Jon Gruden was traded for two first round picks and two second rounds picks after four years in Oakland and a 40-28 record. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Browns first round pick in the draft once he wins a Super Bowl this year.  Not even kidding.  Jon Gruden was traded for two first round picks and two second rounds picks after four years in Oakland and a 40-28 record. 

For a guy the large majority of the fan base wants to axe?  And there's no way the Packers would fire Mac if they won the Super Bowl.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For a guy the large majority of the fan base wants to axe?  And there's no way the Packers would fire Mac if they won the Super Bowl.

McCarthy has value.  Everybody points to what he did with Hundley/Flynn as a reason why he sucks, but with Hundley/Flynn, he won about 3 times more games than the Browns head coach has with McCown and Mayfield.

His value is more in turning a crap team good, which is exactly what the Browns want right now.  He would absolutely get us a second round pick even if we miss the playoffs this year.  

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

McCarthy has value.  Everybody points to what he did with Hundley/Flynn as a reason why he sucks, but with Hundley/Flynn, he won about 3 times more games than the Browns head coach has with McCown and Mayfield.

His value is more in turning a crap team good, which is exactly what the Browns want right now.  He would absolutely get us a second round pick even if we miss the playoffs this year.  

But that kind of value?  I could see maybe a mid-to-late round pick, but nobody is coughing up a 1st round pick for him.

Archived