2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's really the only reason I could see teams passing up on a trade for him.  Still think he could fetch 3 years, $36M on the open market.  Hell, I'd be willing to guarantee his entire 2019 salary if it only cost a late Day 3 pick.

He's not stupid and neither is his agent. If us fans are going "hey just get him for almost nothing with zero risk because we can cut him at any second" they know that too and want to prevent it.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

He's not stupid and neither is his agent. If us fans are going "hey just get him for almost nothing with zero risk because we can cut him at any second" they know that too and want to prevent it.

Thats why I'm not saying it.
Wanna be stealthy-smart. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

The GMs were waiting for him to hit the market, you know going into that it means you have to give him guaranteed money. Why not throw a 6th to KC to make you the exclusive franchise with the right to negotiate??

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The GMs were waiting for him to hit the market, you know going into that it means you have to give him guaranteed money. Why not throw a 6th to KC to make you the exclusive franchise with the right to negotiate??

IDK but I guess I have faith that not every GM that needs a pass rusher is braindead, this seems so logical, and makes it weird that nobody did. Seems to me, if the money thing is true, there was something to it. Maybe they didn't think exclusive rights were worth it, I don't damned know. One goodpoint that was made is that he's probably nobody's plan A.

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Believe it opens at 11AM. The league year starts at 3pm Wednesday (central times.)

Ah, you may be right. On further inspection, it is hard to find a conclusive answer on the internet. In any case, sooner = better.

Archived