2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

oh, you're a NIMBY guy

Yes because saying Kareem Hunt has lost the opportunity to make himself extremely wealthy through his actions is the same as saying I'm fine with unpleasantries so long as they are not near me nor effect me. You're being unbelievably obtuse.

4 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Yes because saying Kareem Hunt has lost the opportunity to make himself extremely wealthy through his actions is the same as saying I'm fine with unpleasantries so long as they are not near me nor effect me. You're being unbelievably obtuse.

perhaps you don't know what NIMBY means (colloquially). 

you seem to be ok with someone employing him....as long as it doesn't affect your life. That's being obtuse.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You don't think society would be a lot worse if people with one instance of violence weren't able to land another job again?

Seems like that would just perpetuate the problem.

I can simultaneously be disgusted by something someone did and be ok with them having a job.

Didn't Kareem Hunt have MULTIPLE issues?  Not just the one.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

seems like something that can be discovered in my recommended "kicking of the tires"

No, I mean that the NFL was reviewing three separate incidents.  That doesn't sound like someone having a bad day.  That sounds like someone who has an issue.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No, I mean that the NFL was reviewing three separate incidents.  That doesn't sound like someone having a bad day.  That sounds like someone who has an issue.

No, I mean that sounds like something worth looking into if I'm considering signing him. i.e. "kicking the tires"

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IIRC. I think he has three all with in the last year?  Seems like something triggered it.  I also believe he is already in anger management therapy. It isn't like the NFL is some kind of gentlemen's club.

28 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I know he wants to go to the Boys, but I’ll take one Earl Thomas, please and thank you. I do not care who else we sign in free agency - you sign Earl Thomas, your entire defensive outlook changes significantly for the better 

I know he wants to go to the Boys, but I’ll take one Earl Thomas, please and thank you. I do not care who else we sign in free agency - you sign Earl Thomas, your entire defensive outlook changes significantly for the better 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you think all mechanics should be unemployed too eh?

I'm glad you find violence against women to be fine.

Just be up front with it, if the player is good enough at running with the eggball, you don't really care what he does off-the-field.

Edited by rcon14