Week 11 GDT: Titans @ Colts

Titans fan 617

I mean, I'm not even passionate about Marcus. He's a fine quarterback. Not incredible, not elite. But he's fine and good enough if you give him talent and competent gameplans. He's obviously not good enough to overcome bad line play, bad receivers and a bad run game.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I mean, I'm not even passionate about Marcus. He's a fine quarterback. Not incredible, not elite. But he's fine and good enough if you give him talent and competent gameplans. He's obviously not good enough to overcome bad line play, bad receivers and a bad run game.

And few are. Rodgers is maybe the best in the game but he might miss the playoffs. They should cut him. 

But oh....it's the team fault. Not the QB. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Here is the difference. 

People gave him props for his play while also pointing out the things the rest of the team was doing.  The wins weren't him all by himself. 

WRs made plays. Defense was swarming. Coaches called great games. 

But now that we play bad, it's look what Marcus is doing to make us suck. 

It's crazy lol. It don't matter how much you praise him in the wins if all you want to do is point to him when we lose. It's not accurate. Fair or honest. You can call it being truthful, but all it looks like is you looking for reasons to prove your point of him not being a worthy QB. 

He touches the ball on every play. Davis can get open all day and have zero catches if Mariota isn't letting it rip.

That is the NFL. It is a QB driven league. This is nothing new nor specific to the Titans. TY Hilton is far more productive with Andrew Luck than Jacoby Brisett. 

Rarely is it the WR who elevates the play of the QB. The QB is the distributor. It all goes through him.

If freaking Julio Jones was traded to the Titans we'd hear the media talk about how he's not as good of a player anymore because he can't throw the ball to himself.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And few are. Rodgers is maybe the best in the game but he might miss the playoffs. They should cut him. 

But oh....it's the team fault. Not the QB. 

Rogers has not played like the Rogers of old this year. He's missing throws. Taking too many sacks. His play has fallen off, he was just good enough for so long that the media gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Archived