Week 11 GDT: Titans @ Colts

Titans fan 617

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Saying he can't play without a run game isn't accurate for an offense that main function is to build off the run game. 

So yah no run game makes this offense stuck in reverse. 

Maybe there's a reason in year 4 his third coaching staff still feels the need to give him fewer pass attempts than the RBs get rushing attempts, regardless of how far behind the team is and how many players they stack in the box.

Idc if your team is built off the run, if they stack 8 people in the box you have to be able to pass. We cant and don't.

When the defense isn't afraid of your passing game, running becomes difficult, regardless of philosophy.

So we just lose every game and accept our QB is going to play like **** if the defense decides to sell out and stop the run?

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

In fact, I saw him take a sack with an open check down twice in the 2nd quarter.

Were these sacks on 3rd and 9 when everyone would've complained if he threw a four yard check down?

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You're assuming they were covered like everyone did in the Ravens game and the All-22 tape showed they were open and he wasn't letting the ball go. 

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/10/16/17982418/keeping-up-with-marcus-mariota-week-six-2018

That's not really what I'm seeing here. He ran into a few sacks, but there weren't receivers running open.

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

yan has Julio and he could do it with Davis as well.

This is just insanity.

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Why would anyone play the pass against us? I'd sit 8 people in the box every week until he proves he can win without the run. 

Or why would anyone play the pass against us when they can stack eight in the box and still win consistently in man coverage while we trot out Luke Stocker and Jonnu Smith (usually at the same time) on most of our passing downs?

Just now, titans0021 said:

Were these sacks on 3rd and 9 when everyone would've complained if he threw a four yard check down?

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/10/16/17982418/keeping-up-with-marcus-mariota-week-six-2018

That's not really what I'm seeing here. He ran into a few sacks, but there weren't receivers running open.

This is just insanity.

Or why would anyone play the pass against us when they can stack eight in the box and still win consistently in man coverage while we trot out Luke Stocker and Jonnu Smith (usually at the same time) on most of our passing downs?

That article is focused on Mariota and generally tries to blame everyone but him. Find an unbiased one. About 6 of the sacks again the Ravens were Mariotas fault.

Jonnu Smith has been getting open the last 4 weeks. I watched the All-22 last week and he was getting good releases and giving LBers a hard time, even when not targeted.

Davis, Lewis, Smith all get open.

Somehow you're defending taking a sack if throwing to an open receiver doesn't convert on downs? A 7 yard loss is better than giving your RB a chance to make a guy miss for a first down?

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Maybe there's a reason in year 4 his third coaching staff still feels the need to give him fewer pass attempts than the RBs get rushing attempts, regardless of how far behind the team is and how many players they stack in the box.

Idc if your team is built off the run, if they stack 8 people in the box you have to be able to pass. We cant and don't.

When the defense isn't afraid of your passing game, running becomes difficult, regardless of philosophy.

So we just lose every game and accept our QB is going to play like **** if the defense decides to sell out and stop the run?

Mann really? Lol 

So you look at this offense and say it was brought in because they don't think he can handle it. 

So I guess that's what San Fran, Rams and Falcons all felt because they want to run the ball?

And you also stack the box because you don't fear any of the WRs. 

It's whatever though. Lol 

Archived