Rookies of the year

mistakey

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I know but if Quinton Nelson names being thrown in for consideration I think McG deserves to be in the mix as well.

I'd put McG over Nelson right now. He hasn't been great in the passing game (4 sacks given up), but he's been one of the best run blocking tackles in football, and he plays the harder position to be quite frank.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

nick chubb had same amt of yards as barkley this week, and had a TD
chubbs learnin that part of the game for sure

I guess my point is, there's really no learning part for Barkley - he's getting 10-12 targets a week, turning that into 6-9 catches a game.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I guess my point is, there's really no learning part for Barkley - he's getting 10-12 targets a week, turning that into 6-9 catches a game.

and i guess my point is nick chubb has shown that he's a better runner (queue the angry giants fans) and he's getting to the point where he's respectable in the passing game.   especially if he continues to have weeks like last week.  and we're playing CIN after a bye, so, its very possible for him to shred again.  also note the increase in his passing success with new OC Freddie Kitchens who seems to be a pretty damn good play caller

Saquon's on pace to put up a 100+ catch, 1000 yd receiving season...with 1000 yds rushing, and if he misses on the pass receiving yds, still likely over 2K combined yards.

Barring injury, this one's likely not going to be close.

DPOY, it's likely going to be down to Leonard or James - being the centerpiece of mega-improved teams and/or contenders is going to likely win out.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Saquon's on pace to put up a 100+ catch, 1000 yd receiving season...with 1000 yds rushing, and if he misses on the pass receiving yds, still likely over 2K combined yards.

Barring injury, this one's likely not going to be close.

What if Chubb ends up with a couple hundred more rushing yards than Barkley and 1500+ total yards even though he didn't have more than 3 carries in any of the first 6 games?

There is a lot of football to be played but my money would be on the QB, a lot of people don't care about RB catches. Barkley will likely finish second to Mayfield unless Mayfield gets injured or Barkley starts tearing it up running the ball.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What if Chubb ends up with a couple hundred more rushing yards than Barkley and 1500+ total yards even though he didn't have more than 3 carries in any of the first 6 games?

There is a lot of football to be played but my money would be on the QB, a lot of people don't care about RB catches. Barkley will likely finish second to Mayfield unless Mayfield gets injured or Barkley starts tearing it up running the ball.

If Mayfield keeps winning and putting up 300-3-0 games, sure.  As they use Chubb more I don’t think we will see those games nearly as much though.   Playing those cold / bad weather games tends to contract the #’s.  This year’s overall O surge will be fascinating to see how it holds up in the cold / bad weather areas.   

HOU DEN BAL all can bring pressure (if Lamar is playing week 17 that would be fun to watch). CIN x 2 with no Lawson matches up well if they contain Atkins and CAR D on road very vulnerable as we just saw.  

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This kinda says it all...

He’s not tho, he’s close.  He’s on pace for something like 1986 yards.

chubb averages more per touch.  His hc (now gone) sabotaged his touches.  Last four games his touches have gone way up.  His last 4 have been better than saquons.   

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

...huh? Wait, what?

I'm not saying me, but historically the #1 takeaway from the ability of a RB is running the football. If a RB rushes for 1600 yards and has 200 yards receiving and another rushes for 1100 yards and has 800 yards receiving odds are the former will take home the accolades. Receiving by backs has grown in merit recently with the changes of offensive schemes but if Barkley doesn't get 1000 on the ground I think he has very little chance to win the award even if he ends up with 1800+ yards. Certainly 1800 total yards isn't looked at the same way as 1800 rushing yards and if say Chubb ends up with 1300 rushing yards and 150 receiving yards you are only going to hear about the rushing yards no one is going to say he had 1450 total yards. I don't see a huge difference in value but historically people have unless you reach a certain number, like 1000 and 1000.

Archived