Rookies of the year

mistakey

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If it was just measured on rushing yards, I'd be willing to buy into this. But you've got to consider that Saquan is nearly pacing the league with 62/530/2 receiving (only four catches behind pass catching RB James White, and ahead of better known pass catchers such as Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffrey).  Chubb has 6/48/1 - or roughly half of what Barkley did week 2 vs Dallas.

Rushing yards are similar, but TYFS is 100% Saquan. 

for now

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

If it was just measured on rushing yards, I'd be willing to buy into this. But you've got to consider that Saquan is nearly pacing the league with 62/530/2 receiving (only four catches behind pass catching RB James White, and ahead of better known pass catchers such as Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffrey).  Chubb has 6/48/1 - or roughly half of what Barkley did week 2 vs Dallas.

Barkley is currently leading all rookies in receiving yards and 5 yards away from leading in rushing yards as well. Chubb has almost 15% of his total yardage on one play. I agree ET, Chubb can definitely make up ground, but right now it isn't close. If you aren't going with Barkley, it has to be Baker.

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Barkley is currently leading all rookies in receiving yards and 5 yards away from leading in rushing yards as well. Chubb has almost 15% of his total yardage on one play. I agree ET, Chubb can definitely make up ground, but right now it isn't close. If you aren't going with Barkley, it has to be Baker.

problem for barkley is that chubb has been catching up in a major way as soon as the john dorsey coup happened

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I know but if Quinton Nelson names being thrown in for consideration I think McG deserves to be in the mix as well.

Hot take, but Quenton Nelson isn't even the best rookie OL on his own team. McGlinchey, Braden Smith, and Will Hernandez have been better than Nelson. All 4 are very good and will be great pros, but right now those 3 have the edge.

Zack Martin had a way better rookie year than any of these guys and was never in the discussion for ROTY. An OL will not win the award.

28 minutes ago, mistakey said:

problem for barkley is that chubb has been catching up in a major way as soon as the john dorsey coup happened

Rushing yards, yes. But he's not nearly the impact in the passing game. Saquan gets 10+ targets a week and is usually good for about 8/70 through the air.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Rushing yards, yes. But he's not nearly the impact in the passing game. Saquan gets 10+ targets a week and is usually good for about 8/70 through the air.

nick chubb had same amt of yards as barkley this week, and had a TD
chubbs learnin that part of the game for sure

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Don't rain on our parade, ET. This is all we have.

Oh, and this dangerous man:

Image result for baker mayfield funny

Barkley for OROY. Mayfield, Chubb, Kerryon, Darnold and Lindsey in the convo as well. I'd bet heavy money it's either Saquon or Mayfield (if Browns go over .500 I think Baker gets it, otherwise it will be Saquon with his near 2k yards from scrimmage. Nelson and McGlinchey have both been playing pretty well as far as I know but no way they'd give to an OL unless it was a weak year and the OL was having an all-pro season.

Leonard for DROY, but this is a much more open race. I could see the winner only getting like 20% share of the votes. Derwin, Ward, LVE, Payne, Hand, Alexander, Chubb...

Archived