Rookies of the year

mistakey

12 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

In 2 weeks, we'll see if Baker can continue his winning ways. BUT the real question is - Will the Browns take a flight to Cinci or are they gonna take the highway... the highway to the DANGER ZONE! 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I wouldn't get too excited about the Falcons game Sunday.  Atlanta has about the worst defense in the league and is a team that always plays like crap in the cold outdoors.  They weren't in sync all game long, got no pressure at all on Baker, left receivers wide open, got manhandled in the running game, and played with zero heart considering the fact that it was a must-win game.  I have been a Baker supporter ever since they drafted him and truly believe he is easily the best QB taken in this year's draft so I am in no way discounting him, just wanted to vent about how the Falcons LOST that game much more than Cleveland won it.

23 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Chubb is running better than Gurley from what I have been watching, he displays better footwork, vision and top end speed.

I'd be interested to know who has more plays of 10+ yards between chubb and Barkley, it could be chubb, he is hitting 10 yard or more runs a lot. 

He has had 3 plays of 40 yards or more and hasn't been caught from behind yet. Imo chubb is more consistently better than Barkley, but Barkley makes the more freakish play.

Barkley is better if you need someone for your offense to go through, chubb is the better pure rb. 

This is a real post? 

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

He does have 9 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games so it’s mot like he completely embarrassed himself on the Garrett prediction

But he did thoug claiming that Myles was head and shoulders above everyone talent wise. 

That alone is it chief. Almost as bad as the Colt is Brees jr hot take. 

** Master Cheddar** 

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

To be fair, I believe Nick Chubb is currently 11th in the NFL in rushing. And he has only started 3 games.

Chubb/Saquon both have identical rushing yards, but Chubb has done it on nearly 40 less attempts.

Chubb doesn't have the receiving numbers that Barkley does but thats partly because of Duke Johnsons presence

Barkley is 8th in rushing yards and no RB with a significant amount of carries is anywhere near his average 

13 hours ago, mistakey said:

He does have 9 sacks and 3 FF in 10 games so it’s mot like he completely embarrassed himself on the Garrett prediction

Oh, I agree he's a candidate (and kind of figured he'd be a candidate). I'm just clarifying that it wasn't a Browns' fan that made that thread in question.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hmmm Bears have 5 rookies starting and making hay.  And a 6th UDFA who started 2 games and looked pretty damn good as well.

To be clear, rookies starting is a terribly misleading stat, because if the team is bad, you'll see more rookies starting.   

But, given CHI is actually a division leader, that has more worth.    Just wouldn't use that as the argument.   While Tru's selection will always be a hot topic, Pace has done an excellent job otherwise.   Like I said earlier this summer, Miller is my favorite WR of the entire draft, and I think value-wise we'll see that play out as the years pass.   Getting Roquan and Daniels look like hits as well.

The reality though is by year 2, you see a draft's full impact.   I will give props to IND, I thought Leonard was a horrible reach at Rd2, nope.   Nelson was going to be a beast, but Braden Smith and Leonard have completely transformed the OL and front 7 for IND.   Pace clearly is a GM with a plan.  Much respect.   

TBH, I think Leonard is more deserving of DROY, but I think if LAC goes deep into the playoffs, and they somehow find a way to beat KC in Arrowhead and take the 1 seed, James is going to get so much love, he'll take the award.  Either guy deserves it 100 percent - they've transformed both D's (before ppl say LAC was a good unit, they were just a good unit last year with Bosa around, and this year with no Bosa, they were a very meh unit, until James stepped his play).

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

To be clear, rookies starting is a terribly misleading stat, because if the team is bad, you'll see more rookies starting.   

But, given CHI is actually a division leader, that has more worth.    Just wouldn't use that as the argument.   While Tru's selection will always be a hot topic, Pace has done an excellent job otherwise.   Like I said earlier this summer, Miller is my favorite WR of the entire draft, and I think value-wise we'll see that play out as the years pass.   Getting Roquan and Daniels look like hits as well.

The reality though is by year 2, you see a draft's full impact.   I will give props to IND, I thought Leonard was a horrible reach at Rd2, nope.   Nelson was going to be a beast, but Braden Smith and Leonard have completely transformed the OL and front 7 for IND.   Pace clearly is a GM with a plan.  Much respect.   

TBH, I think Leonard is more deserving of DROY, but I think if LAC goes deep into the playoffs, and they somehow find a way to beat KC in Arrowhead and take the 1 seed, James is going to get so much love, he'll take the award.  Either guy deserves it 100 percent - they've transformed both D's (before ppl say LAC was a good unit, they were just a good unit last year with Bosa around, and this year with no Bosa, they were a very meh unit, until James stepped his play).

Leonard has been a Great pick up for the Colts but I wouldn’t say he transformed the front 7. Colts still lack pass rush but I’m sure Ballard will try to improve it during the draft and FA.

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Leonard has been a Great pick up for the Colts but I wouldn’t say he transformed the front 7. Colts still lack pass rush but I’m sure Ballard will try to improve it during the draft and FA.

Yeah I should have been clearer - he's the backbone of their run D now.   They still have a huge problem defending the pass, both with needing more pass rush and better CB's.  He can't really take the blame there though.  When he's around though, they are so tough to run against - which losing Hankins, I wasn't expecting.   

11 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I wouldn't get too excited about the Falcons game Sunday.  Atlanta has about the worst defense in the league and is a team that always plays like crap in the cold outdoors.  They weren't in sync all game long, got no pressure at all on Baker, left receivers wide open, got manhandled in the running game, and played with zero heart considering the fact that it was a must-win game.  I have been a Baker supporter ever since they drafted him and truly believe he is easily the best QB taken in this year's draft so I am in no way discounting him, just wanted to vent about how the Falcons LOST that game much more than Cleveland won it.

bruh if freddie kitchens doesnt call a throw to baker mayfield you guys lose that 28-9 , pure domination by the browns including massive 4th down stops
this is what being a sore loser looks like

Archived