Week 11 GDT: Chiefs @ Rams

KC_Guy

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Remember the Denver game where the game-winning FG hit the upright? This is what that would have been if the FG missed.

We may play them in January. If so, I expect to win.

J

Only chance to play the Rams again is in February ... which would be nice!

50 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

It’s a shame Mahomes is going through the exact same **** that cost him at Tech.

A big knock on him going into the draft was he just didn’t win. Well yeah, hard to win when your defense is giving up 50 points per game. 

I mean come on...

Yeah I’m still not happy with our draft picks last year. I just hope Veach and team do a better job this year. 

Great game yall. Tough loss but somebody had to lose. Mahomes didnt play a great game but its another learning experience for him just like it was in the loss at New England. Yall have to do better in not giving teams free yards due to penalties. Its hard to overcome penalties and a bad defense. As great as the offense is, you cant self-destruct like that. My Superbowl prediction before the season started was Chargers v Rams. For revenge I want it to be Pats v Rams. This game was so entertaining though that Ill be so down for Chiefs v Rams the sequel lol. Stay healthy and good luck the rest of the season. 

43 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yeah I’m still not happy with our draft picks last year. I just hope Veach and team do a better job this year. 

Don’t need the 85 Bears back there but Mahomes will put up 30 ppg on offense with me and you catching passes for him. Just need a half decent defense to give him any support.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That game nearly killed me. Y'all are ridiculously good. I can't believe we pulled it out. That was easily the biggest play of Goff's career. Best of luck to y'all. I hope to see you again. 

Just please, take out the Saints in the postseason, and we'll call it even after this. I don't want to have to put up with two weeks of pre-Saints in the superbowl hype.

Amazing game to watch. Shame we lost. Have to put that loss on Mahomes shoulders, imo. 5 TOs is unacceptable. Rams had 21 points off the TOs, including the 2 defensive TDs. I also blame Reid for abandoning the run in the second half. He put too much into Mahomes hands. The pass D was also pathetic, with the constant first half penalties putting us into the hole.

Amazing game. Once again, take lessons from it and finish the season strong. Have to say, if its in Arrowhead, I think the Chiefs win. The crowd were insane. Who knows, there may be a rematch on a neautral field.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I didn't actually get to watch most of the game. Kind of a busy week at work. Watched what I could. Did we come out of it healthy, out of curiosity? Aside from Watkins already being hurt.

Besides Watkins i can't remember any injury and i think for Watkins it probably was more the same injury he dealt with the last 2 weeks, so nothing more serious than that. I think he played the first handful of snaps and afterwards was kept on the sideline.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Just please, take out the Saints in the postseason, and we'll call it even after this. I don't want to have to put up with two weeks of pre-Saints in the superbowl hype.

I hope we do (or somebody else does). I respect Brees, but Payton is such an unlikable, arrogant jerk.

Sutton is supposed to know his players on defense. Why on earth does he keep playing Sorensen? ESPN's Matt Hasselbach gave a good analysis of the last TD to G.Everett. He showed how Sutton failed to disguise his defense scheme on the play. Goff knew we were in "man" coverage. Goff knew Sorensen was covering Everett on the outside in "press man" coverage. The bigger Everett blew past Sorensen (who failed to lay a hand, arm, get in his way, etc.) and scored a 40+yd. TD. Egads, sickening.

We have younger, faster guys available to stay with Everett and make a play on the ball when needed. Sorensen is always behind in pass coverage. He's only slightly better in red zone defense where his quickness and the endzone provide him assistance.

48 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Sutton is supposed to know his players on defense. Why on earth does he keep playing Sorensen? ESPN's Matt Hasselbach gave a good analysis of the last TD to G.Everett. He showed how Sutton failed to disguise his defense scheme on the play. Goff knew we were in "man" coverage. Goff knew Sorensen was covering Everett on the outside in "press man" coverage. The bigger Everett blew past Sorensen (who failed to lay a hand, arm, get in his way, etc.) and scored a 40+yd. TD. Egads, sickening.

We have younger, faster guys available to stay with Everett and make a play on the ball when needed. Sorensen is always behind in pass coverage. He's only slightly better in red zone defense where his quickness and the endzone provide him assistance.

It's always been a Sutton thing. He's one of those coaches (and there are plenty around the league, honestly) who prefer the guys who know his system perfectly to the guys who are younger/more athletic/higher potential. Leads to Sorensen over Lucas. Leads to us bringing back Parker and Zombo. Etc.

Not saying it's a good thing (it's not), but it's a known trait of his. He always has and always will do this. And a lot of bad coaches do. Herm Edwards and Todd Haley brought a slew of subpar Jets and Cardinals players, respectively, with them way back when. The dark days of Leonard Pope and Jon McGraw being gifted starting jobs because they "knew the system."

Honestly, I'm surprised DOD got as much playing time as he did. Thought he'd be another snap count casualty.

Jak, you make a good point. But it leads to insanity (doing the same "thing" over and over, yet expecting a different outcome). Andy Reid isn't dumb, yet he puts up with Sutton's insanity. C'mon Andy. Our defense will never achieve a desired "greatness" with Sutton at the defensive helm.

Archived