Saints LT Terron Armstead out about a month with pectoral injury

Dome

Dude's a beast....

but made of paper and glass.

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -The Saints will be without their starting left-tackle due to a pectoral injury.

According to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, Terron Armstead suffered the injury in last week’s game.

Armstead is expected to be out three to four weeks, and will be replaced by Jermon Bushrod.

http://www.fox8live.com/2018/11/14/report-left-tackle-terron-armstead-out-roughly-month-pectoral-injury/

34 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That hurts.  At least there is some comfortability with bushrod

He's played well in spot duty, but in the preseason he did NOT look like a guy you want at LT for an extended time. I think we see Peat slide to LT and Bushrod at LG.

That's what I'm hoping anyways.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

He's played well in spot duty, but in the preseason he did NOT look like a guy you want at LT for an extended time. I think we see Peat slide to LT and Bushrod at LG.

That's what I'm hoping anyways.

I think it's important to be careful with moves like this as you're potentially making two positions worse instead of just one. You can shift help to Bushrod at LT with TEs and RBs chipping and just sliding protection left in general. Having to help both Peat at LT and Bushrod at LG is asking a lot.

Titans this season faced a pretty big issue going in to week 2 vs the Texans. Lewan was out with a concussion, Conklin was still out with his ACL tear from the playoff game vs the Pats the previous season and Dennis Kelly, our swing/backup OT was out with illness. That left us with just Kevin Pamphile in regards to anyone who had extensive experience at OT, and we had the choice of moving Quinton Spain(our left guard) to tackle as he played tackle in college and just replacing him on the interior, but instead they bought up Tyler Martz from the practice squad to play right tackle, put Pamphile at LT, and just ran predetermined reads, gave a ton of help on the edge with TEs and RBs chipping and threw in plays like a fake punt and the wild cat to get some offensive production.

Leaving the interior of our OL alone was key to giving us any kind of chance, and we managed to win that game even having to start Blaine Gabbert as Mariota was out with his elbow injury.

Now the Saints have a great OL outside of the LT with Armstead out, a much better QB than Gabbert or Mariota, and better skill players. So I think you guys could do much better just letting Bushrod play OT and helping him out when needed. Worse comes to worst, Brees can get it out faster than just about anyone in football.

28 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I think it's important to be careful with moves like this as you're potentially making two positions worse instead of just one. You can shift help to Bushrod at LT with TEs and RBs chipping and just sliding protection left in general. Having to help both Peat at LT and Bushrod at LG is asking a lot.

Titans this season faced a pretty big issue going in to week 2 vs the Texans. Lewan was out with a concussion, Conklin was still out with his ACL tear from the playoff game vs the Pats the previous season and Dennis Kelly, our swing/backup OT was out with illness. That left us with just Kevin Pamphile in regards to anyone who had extensive experience at OT, and we had the choice of moving Quinton Spain(our left guard) to tackle as he played tackle in college and just replacing him on the interior, but instead they bought up Tyler Martz from the practice squad to play right tackle, put Pamphile at LT, and just ran predetermined reads, gave a ton of help on the edge with TEs and RBs chipping and threw in plays like a fake punt and the wild cat to get some offensive production.

Leaving the interior of our OL alone was key to giving us any kind of chance, and we managed to win that game even having to start Blaine Gabbert as Mariota was out with his elbow injury.

Now the Saints have a great OL outside of the LT with Armstead out, a much better QB than Gabbert or Mariota, and better skill players. So I think you guys could do much better just letting Bushrod play OT and helping him out when needed. Worse comes to worst, Brees can get it out faster than just about anyone in football.

Usually I’d agree, but Peat has been our LT2 in the past and it’s worked out. Peats a really versatile guy and Bushrod has played some guard for us this year already. I wouldn’t be surprised if we do the same again this year. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Over the years the Saints have been notorious for being able to move their OL around as needed and not suffer a massive drop off.  Ramzy for example played both tackles, Peat played LT and LG, and I think several others moved around last year.  This year I don't expect much different.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Usually I’d agree, but Peat has been our LT2 in the past and it’s worked out. Peats a really versatile guy and Bushrod has played some guard for us this year already. I wouldn’t be surprised if we do the same again this year. 

I may be mistaken, but I believe Bushrod played some guard for the Saints during his first stint before sliding over and anchoring the LT spot.

I think I saw Clapp in there against the Bengals for a few series as well.

Given how Cox is the biggest mismatch problem, I don't think moving the G's out to T is the answer.   I'd guess either it's Bushrod at LT with more help, or Bushrod at RT and Ramczyk at LT this week.   Just an outsider's view, but I'd imagine keeping the interior unit's play at an elite level is most important given what Cox can do.

Archived