You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Absolutely. We all know the negative connotation implied (hell, directly stated) by this. Stop pretending you don't.

The mouth-breathers around here have been calling TT various forms of mental-illness inflicted for years. You are essentially trying to assert the same.

People used that picture of him with mouth agape and I found the IDENTICAL face from him on the bench at SMU lol. 

He's just a strange dude

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Absolutely. We all know the negative connotation implied (hell, directly stated) by this. Stop pretending you don't.

The mouth-breathers around here have been calling TT various forms of mental-illness inflicted for years. You are essentially trying to assert the same.

Why shouldn't there be a negative connotation implied to it? The guy was a great GM and from everything Ive heard, a great guy. It sucks he's showing signs of his age or an ailment.

IMO the slippery slope here is trying to paint with a broad brush that I'm implying the same thing the "mouth breathers" have. Nothing I said should be at all controversial.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why shouldn't there be a negative connotation implied to it? The guy was a great GM and from everything Ive heard, a great guy. It sucks he's showing signs of his age or an ailment.

IMO the slippery slope here is trying to paint with a broad brush that I'm implying the same thing the "mouth breathers" have. Nothing I said should be at all controversial.

Because you aren't even remotely qualified to make that determination even if you knew him in real life much less based on frickin interviews 😂

Good Lord.

You didn't just seriously ask why it's not ok for you or other fans to make statements with any sort of confidence in the medical mental state of someone they saw on TV did you?

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Because you aren't even remotely qualified to make that determination even if you knew him in real life much less based on frickin interviews 😂

Good Lord.

You didn't just seriously ask why it's not ok for you or other fans to make statements with any sort of confidence in the medical mental state of someone they saw on TV did you?

Goodness man, we do it all the time as fans. Who cares? I'm looking at the evidence I have and basing an opinion. Yes that's what I'm saying is my opinion of Ted, does it bother you? 

Do we know Mac and Aaron's current relationship? Do we know if any number of players we complain about their performance/effort are actually just playing hurt? We call players selfish all the time yet we have never met them, I could go on and on and on. 

None of us work for the Packers, therefore none of us know. The chosen overly vague term "mentally not well" is absolutely nothing to lose it over like you're doing. I don't know what's wrong with Ted, could be any number of things or nothing. Just like I speak firmly that I think Mac and Aaron have a broken relationship yet I have absolutely no way of knowing if that's true. They could be happy as a clam together. Did I ever claim what I said was a fact or I had a qualification? Think we are safe to assume what you're reading here are the unconfirmed opinions of Packer fans and I'm not here trying to start some movement to get people to believe something about Ted.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

We have two approaches I'm interested in. One would be to hire someone who has called plays like Bienamy or Lincoln Riley, keep Pettine, and bring in a young OC as well to learn under them.

The other route would be someone like Harbaugh, keep Pettine, and bring in someone like Zac Taylor, Shane Waldron (both from Rams) or Byron Leftwich or Joe Lombardi. Doesn't have to be one of those guys but you get the trend - for the most part guys who haven't called plays, or have in a limited capacity. 

why is everyone so interested in keepin Pettine?

Seems like an area I'm not concerned with.  If we keep pettine, fine.  If we don't, fine.  Either way he's on the hot seat next year for sure.  Not sure he's done anything really special or good with the squad this year.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

why is everyone so interested in keepin Pettine?

Seems like an area I'm not concerned with.  If we keep pettine, fine.  If we don't, fine.  Either way he's on the hot seat next year for sure.  Not sure he's done anything really special or good with the squad this year.

I am not a big fan of having 3 different schemes in 3 years, but really I just think Pettine is a good in game adjuster. I like him

Archived