Week 12: Packers (4-5-1) at VIKINGS (5-4-1)

swede700

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Offense played well enough but needs to develop a killer instinct and learn to FINISH drives.

Defense was very good, IMO. Packers went scoreless for 41:56...

Special Teams was good outside of the missed FGs, granted a 56 yarder is tough. Got to have the 48 yarder though.

All in all it feels good to get the W, obviously, the game was a lot closer than it needed to be IMO. Still waiting for this team to put together a complete effort. We were close this game.

That never should have been a 56-yarder.  The officials were alright for the most part, but that stretch was atrocious.  

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That never should have been a 56-yarder.  The officials were alright for the most part, but that stretch was atrocious.  

I agree but it is what it is. Was more confused how they didn't calling running/roughing the kicker on one of the attempts. I think it was that same one.

5 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

My thoughts on the game before moving on to the Evil Empire

-Was about 70/30 Vikings fans in the stadium. Pretty typical.

-The crowd was DEFLATED when Green Bay went up 7-0. There was a total "Here we go again...." until the Vikings punched Green Bay right back.

-I give up trying to figure out how Thielen makes some of those catches. I'm sure we'll find out that the Vikes stuff the ball with magnets and Adam has magnets in his gloves.

-That boot leg when Thielen got the TD was absolutely beautiful. Kirk had ALL DAY to throw the ball. I want to see that and play-action A LOT more from Flip & Co. Even if the run game isn't firing on all cylinders....at least make their D-Line be honest for a split second.

-I know Cook is just coming back from a long-term injury but I want to see him gradually take the majority of the work load. He seems like a RB that needs to get into a rhythm to be most effective. I'm not saying to split the carries 90/10 but I wouldn't mind seeing more of a 60/40 instead of the 50/50 we had last night (even though out RB's only ran the ball 21-22 times while Kirk had 6)

-THAT is what I want to see from Kirk. From the stands, it looked like he lived to play another down or ran the ball instead of forcing the ball with a dangerous throw. Kirk needs to sit back and realize he has a good defense behind him. No need to be Super Man out there.

-That entire series in the 2nd quarter with 2+ minutes left and a timeout + 2 min warning was a complete "Let's play not to lose" type of drive. Don't like that AT ALL. Look, I get it's the aura of Aaron Rodgers but we walk around bragging about how we have a top-3 defense and Rodgers doesn't look like Rodgers and we were moving the ball great before that. Stop living in fear of getting beat and start punching teams in the mouth. We pay a QB very good money to win games along with a top-3 defense. Besides, if it wasn't for Thielen's Callahan Brake Pads, we end up punting the ball to Rodgers with 1+ minute left on the clock and I think a timeout. Pretty counter-productive that we almost gave Rodgers the ball when trying to not give Rodgers the ball. I at least want to go down swinging if Rodgers is going to get the ball back.

-I hope Rhodes is OK. Would like him vs. Edelman next weekend.

-Of course Phil "I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else" Mackey had to poo-poo on the limbo celebration (apparently they did it in the CFL last year) but that's our best celebration yet.

I was deflated after the initial 3 and out where we couldn't pick up a couple of inches to get a 1st down....It took until midway in the 3rd qtr for me to start getting pumped again.  

As for how we played the final 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter,   I think it had everything to do with us not deferring on the opening drive.  There's no way we want to give it back to Rodgers and let them score to end the half and again to start the half.     I'm just pissed we still have this Kicker jinx that won't go away. 

It was nearly a sure thing when Cousins targeted Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs or Kyle Rudolph. Cousins was 23 of 27, completing 85.2 percent of passes, when targeting those three players. Cousins’ passer rating when targeting Thielen, Diggs or Rudolph was 135.3.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-stats-that-stood-out-packers-at-vikings?sf203046079=1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

It was nearly a sure thing when Cousins targeted Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs or Kyle Rudolph. Cousins was 23 of 27, completing 85.2 percent of passes, when targeting those three players. Cousins’ passer rating when targeting Thielen, Diggs or Rudolph was 135.3.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-stats-that-stood-out-packers-at-vikings?sf203046079=1

So why don't we just throw 100 times a game if it means we'll complete 85 of the passes?

Seems like fool proof logic to me!

Archived