Game 11: LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE CARP

ReggieCamp

Eh, he should have said with or without Green they are getting...

We pay our guys to do that so their intent should be to go out there and win. Guarantees mean nothing to me and the other team should be trying to beat you whether they have bulletin board material or not so that means very little to me also.

This game is a chance for the team to make a statement.

CIN is not really that good.

Good chance for the Browns to show that they have moved into a higher weight class, and kill two baggage birds [back-to-back and road win(s)] with one stone.

51 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This game is a chance for the team to make a statement.

CIN is not really that good.

Good chance for the Browns to show that they have moved into a higher weight class, and kill two baggage birds [back-to-back and road win(s)] with one stone.

It would be the first win away from home since 2014 I think, long over due. 

It is a huge game for Greg Williams. We will get to know if this team are contenders or pretenders. 

Also we need to see a good game from our defence, for the amount of talent we have on defence we are below average-average in performance. 

I want to see big games from Myles and Ward. 

Go to 2:21

Anyone concerned that Kitchens is rolling with the wishbone again? Said he was going to roll with it for 45-50 plays, I hope, jokingly in a recent interview. He didn't rule it out, that's for sure.

I feel like it's effectiveness will be reduced greatly with it being on film now ( and teams can scheme against it pretty easily). Is there any real reason to keep using it going forward?

43 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Anyone concerned that Kitchens is rolling with the wishbone again? Said he was going to roll with it for 45-50 plays, I hope, jokingly in a recent interview. He didn't rule it out, that's for sure.

It was only ok as a wrinkle, he threw an int throwing the ball to our best qb from our worst rb, as a whole the scheme didnt do that much to help us win. On offense it was throwing with baker and running with chubb that won the game, not the wishbone.

43 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

I feel like it's effectiveness will be reduced greatly with it being on film now ( and teams can scheme against it). Is there any real reason to keep using it going forward?

Totally agree, it was like how we spammed Duke in the passing game 1 week and then not the next. If kitchens does indeed have a brain, he will have something new for cin, a long with working our strength, rhythm throws forBaker, giving chubb the rock, and getting Duke the ball. 

1 hour ago, Here'sJim said:

I feel like it's effectiveness will be reduced greatly with it being on film now ( and teams can scheme against it pretty easily). Is there any real reason to keep using it going forward?

How is it going to be easy to stop? Its not like they are running the triple option out of the wish bone. They are using an interverted Wishbone full house package, with some pretty talented guy. You can run many concepts out of that formation. Heck he can face defenses to show their matchs and coverages. They cant keep a safety off the ball by 12yards or so and have them cover the RB out of the backfield. Your forcing the LB to cover him, which, ill take Duke and Chubb matched up on a LB all day. Or it forces the defense to roll the safety down and eliminates possibilities for baker in presnap reading. Freddie is showing he is a pretty smart guy. If he is going back to that package, its because he believe they can hold an advantage out of it.

22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Green didn’t practice today.. still questionable.

Dre Kirkpatrick didn’t practice today... still questionable 

Corey Glenn didn’t practice today.... still questionable 

—_____—

This could be complete BS for all we know and I do not care if it is.

With two weeks of much improved O, a strong D effort against ATL, a bye week to get healthy and drill players to higher results and an attitude developing I think we will kick the carp out of them.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How is it going to be easy to stop? Its not like they are running the triple option out of the wish bone. They are using an interverted Wishbone full house package, with some pretty talented guy. You can run many concepts out of that formation. Heck he can face defenses to show their matchs and coverages. They cant keep a safety off the ball by 12yards or so and have them cover the RB out of the backfield. Your forcing the LB to cover him, which, ill take Duke and Chubb matched up on a LB all day. Or it forces the defense to roll the safety down and eliminates possibilities for baker in presnap reading. Freddie is showing he is a pretty smart guy. If he is going back to that package, its because he believe they can hold an advantage out of it.

I feel that it's very difficult to run out of that formation considering that it enables your opponent to put 8-9 guys into the box. The Falcons were able to cover the college option runs once they got used to it, and they have an advantage when going against the run up the middle.

When it comes to passing, I fear that the formation is extremely vulnerable to added pressure. Blitzs can be dialed up from an 8-9 man box to cause chaos in the backfield (either due to heavy reliance of the running backs blocking, or just being out manned on the line), and force Baker to hit his checkdowns quickly (which can lead to additional qb hits, big losses etc...).

If the defense refrains from pressure,  I still don't feel like the matchups are great (though I agree they arn't bad). I don't trust Chubb as a receiver yet (I still think he can be covered by a lb for now), Hilliard isn't special, and a safety can afford to play manned up on Duke. 

Only other option is a receiver and a TE.  Defence is left with 2 cbs, a lb and a safety to cover those guys. If matchups get ugly, I feel that you can still switch to a nickel and still address the run game pretty easily. 

I'm not a coach and obviously we haven't seen alot of this in the NFL, so I could be wrong. We'll have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

I want our best players on the field. Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson are 2 of our best players. I’m fine with it.

Archived