Sign in to follow this  
Raves

2019 NFL Draft - *Yawn* or Mortgage More!

I'm always okay with leveraging a draft pick for an NFL ready player, as long as there is some youth left in them.

That said, have you been watching what we're drafting now? The accounting department is killing it!

I can't believe you left out WR... Thomas is a stud but we're lacking outside of that. Ginn is old and Smith has a chance to be a good player but beyond that this team lacks a player at the position to truly make opposing defenses pay for bracketing Thomas and Kamara. 

26 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I can't believe you left out WR... Thomas is a stud but we're lacking outside of that. Ginn is old and Smith has a chance to be a good player but beyond that this team lacks a player at the position to truly make opposing defenses pay for bracketing Thomas and Kamara. 

I made this back when Ginn was healthy and we were all still pretty high on what Smith could provide.  Obviously WR would be added to the list, but you really don't mortgage the future for a WR unless you are sure to get a Julio Jones/Calvin Johnson type.  We'd be more likely to maybe move up a little in the 2nd to secure one than we were to trade high future capital for one.

We've got some guys that are going to need paid, so there will obviously be replacements.

Tyler Davidson - FA
All of our TE's are becoming FA's

Big Names:
Mark Ingram - Already tried to hold out, so we know he's going to ask for the moon.
Thomas Morested - Worth whatever he asks for
Michael Thomas - will hold out if he doesn't get a new contract. He's due $1.14mil. He's worth $90mil.

I think Brees plays another year. We need a line to keep him clean for his last year, and to keep the next guy from getting rattled.
Our D-Line is really good, and could be GREAT with another DT and a rotational edge guy. Plus, Cam can't be expected to play every down as he starts to age. He is in his prime right now, and probably next year, then he'll decline a bit.

We need another WR or two, CB and Safety, another Linebacker, and a slew of O-lineman.

Just as well figure on a RB to replace Ingram. He'll go elsewhere.

Edited by Mid Iowa

I really think we should invest the 2nd round pick in a LT of the future. I love Terron Armstead. I think when healthy he's one of the best LT's in the NFL. However, history has shown us that he'll miss 4-6 games every season. With this offense, how good it is really depends on our O-line and Brees. Everything else is secondary to that. Our ground game isn't effective. Our passing game is limited.

Initially I thought we should get a TE. Someone who can block and be a factor in the passing game, but I think O-line is a more pressing concern.

23 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I really think we should invest the 2nd round pick in a LT of the future. I love Terron Armstead. I think when healthy he's one of the best LT's in the NFL. However, history has shown us that he'll miss 4-6 games every season. With this offense, how good it is really depends on our O-line and Brees. Everything else is secondary to that. Our ground game isn't effective. Our passing game is limited.

Initially I thought we should get a TE. Someone who can block and be a factor in the passing game, but I think O-line is a more pressing concern.

This is exactly what we were talking about in the off season. I said the same thing, he's one of the best...when he's on the field. That's really tough to rely on.

And he's out for Monday's game, so here's another 5 games missed.
Hopefully he can play the entire playoffs.