Based on the KC vs LA game, Pat Mahomes should be the MVP

thedorchannel

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You could legitimately argue that the Chiefs would have blown out the Rams if not for mistakes by Mahomes. Not sure this helps him

You could also legitimately argue that the Rams would have blown out the Chiefs if not for all the plays that Mahomes made. The guy threw 6 TDs, for over 400 yards, and for over 10 YPA. Yes, he also turned it over 5 times, but it's not like he went out there and stunk up the field. There aren't many QBs in the NFL who would have done better than Mahomes did last night.

The tide turned last week and Brees was my new #1. He’s still my #1 this week. Pat Mahomes is #2 but he can still win. Absolutely a good debate.

Jared Goff, Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, and Philip Rivers all deserve some honorable mention. Although they aren’t sniffing MVP compared to Brees or Mahomes.

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Shouldn't Goff be the MVP if that's the argument? I don't think it's a good argument. Mahomes will be in the running with Brees. I expect Brees to win it as a lifetime achievement MVP.

This is disrespectful to the year he is having on its own merit. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's the truth. Mahomes is very arguably outplaying him, but it's unlikely to matter if they're close at the end of the year.

Its not the truth. Its an opinion. One which I think many people would disagree with you. 

One thing people over focus on is bulk stats. Its been proven for 20 years now that bulk stats are largely irrelevant to wins and losses; its almost entirely efficiency stats that matter. Brees is much more efficient, 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its not the truth. Its an opinion. One which I think many people would disagree with you. 

One thing people over focus on is bulk stats. Its been proven for 20 years now that bulk stats are largely irrelevant to wins and losses; its almost entirely efficiency stats that matter. Brees is much more efficient, 

It's 100% the truth. Most people recognize it. If Brees and Mahomes are close, Brees is going to get the nod. Mahomes and Brees have both been incredibly efficient this year, so the efficiency argument really isn't the selling point you're arguing it is. Both have elite numbers in terms of both efficiency and bulk.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s not the truth. Taking out names and looking at team record and statline I give it to Brees. 

You might favor Brees, but I imagine a lot of others would favor Mahomes. He's on pace to throw for 54 TDs. Yet, if they're close, Brees will get the nod. Why? We both know why.

Another person looking only at TDs SMH. It has been proven time and time again efficiency matters more in the MVP voting and it also creates more wins for teams overall as well. Ill take a guy who is on pace for 75% COMP 40 TDs 2 INTs then someone who would hve 65% COMP 54 TDs and 15 INTs. They are also both on pace for 9.0 YPA. Brees completion % with that YPA is literally otherworldly. 

47 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Shouldn't Goff be the MVP if that's the argument? I don't think it's a good argument. Mahomes will be in the running with Brees. I expect Brees to win it as a lifetime achievement MVP.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's the truth. Mahomes is very arguably outplaying him, but it's unlikely to matter if they're close at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's 100% the truth. Most people recognize it. If Brees and Mahomes are close, Brees is going to get the nod. Mahomes and Brees have both been incredibly efficient this year, so the efficiency argument really isn't the selling point you're arguing it is. Both have elite numbers in terms of both efficiency and bulk.

You might favor Brees, but I imagine a lot of others would favor Mahomes. He's on pace to throw for 54 TDs. Yet, if they're close, Brees will get the nod. Why? We both know why.

Reread these and see the change in tone:

1. Its a life time acheivement

2. Mahomes is very arguably

3. They are close

Whatever buddy. I think you realized how wrong you are in your "100% truth" comment. You are probably to stubborn to admit you are wrong, so I will take your backtracking as a small victory. 

Archived