Based on the KC vs LA game, Pat Mahomes should be the MVP

thedorchannel

23 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes, but I'll take it one step further and say I see nothing wrong with that.  Though I'd rather see Co-MVP in the event of a "tie"

It's all subjective, and really has no bearing on anything important.  It's not like we're handing Brees the Lombardi here.  

Neither do I. I am totally fine with it. Brees should have won a MVP years ago. People took issue with a comment that was meant to be harmless. I was only saying that I don't see Mahomes winning it this year despite him arguably having the more impressive year. It's Brees' year. Barring a meltdown (or Mahomes' production exploding even more over the final 5 games), I see him winning. At this point, he deserves one.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Neither do I. I am totally fine with it. Brees should have won a MVP years ago. People took issue with a comment that was meant to be harmless. I was only saying that I don't see Mahomes winning it this year despite him arguably having the more impressive year. It's Brees' year. Barring a meltdown (or Mahomes' production exploding even more over the final 5 games), I see him winning. At this point, he deserves one.

I think it’s anybodys to win with over a quarter season to play.

If Mahomes bounces back and a has a coupe multi TD/no turnover games he can pull away even if Brees keeps protecting the ball. Same could be said with Brees having a few more multi TD games if Mahomes even has a handful more turnovers this year 

Brees is more valuable imo.

76.9 completion percentage to Mahomes' 67.5.

1 interception to Mahomes' 10.

126.9 passer rating to Mahomes' 117.9

Only 0.41 less yards per attempt than Mahomes.

If he attempted has many passes as Mahomes he would only have 160 less yards so they are more or less the same to me as far as passing yards are concerned.

I prefer a QB with a 7.5% TD and 0.3% INT percentage than one who has a 9.5% TD and 2.6% INT percentage that is also much less accurate. Turnovers are usually the demise of a team (see last night) and Brees just doesn't turn it over which I find extremely valuable. Brees hasn't throw close to as many TD's, but is essentially equal efficiency-wise when it comes to yardage and blows Mahomes out of the water in every other phase.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Brees is more valuable imo.

76.9 completion percentage to Mahomes' 67.5.

1 interception to Mahomes' 10.

126.9 passer rating to Mahomes' 117.9

Only 0.41 less yards per attempt than Mahomes.

If he attempted has many passes as Mahomes he would only have 160 less yards so they are more or less the same to me as far as passing yards are concerned.

I prefer a QB with a 7.5% TD and 0.3% INT percentage than one who has a 9.5% TD and 2.6% INT percentage that is also much less accurate. Turnovers are usually the demise of a team (see last night) and Brees just doesn't turn it over which I find extremely valuable. Brees hasn't throw close to as many TD's, but is essentially equal efficiency-wise when it comes to yardage and blows Mahomes out of the water in every other phase.

The saints have won and could win Gamed with Brees throwing for 200 Yards and 1 TD that should eliminate him. Mahomes has to be Superman for them to even be in games 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

The saints have won and could win Gamed with Brees throwing for 200 Yards and 1 TD that should eliminate him. Mahomes has to be Superman for them to even be in games 

The Chiefs have won a game this year with Mahomes throwing 300 yards, 0 TD's, and 2 INT's

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Then Brees should have won MVP in each of those 3 straight 7-9 seasons that Brees had.  They weren't winning games if Brees didn't carry them.

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Well Chiefs did blow out a team with Mahomes throwing for 0 TDs and 2 INTs

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If Mahomes gets to 50 TDs, he deserves MVP. It's insane that this is his first year playing and he could have a record breaking season. Brees brings more too his team, but Mahomes is having a once-in-a-lifetime type season.

Except 50 TDs has happened twice in this lifetime already not to mention several others being very close.  Also 5k yards were once in a lifetime, until Brees did it 5 times while everyone else combined is only at 4.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If Mahomes gets to 50 TDs, he deserves MVP. It's insane that this is his first year playing and he could have a record breaking season. Brees brings more too his team, but Mahomes is having a once-in-a-lifetime type season.

That's the thing, I wonder if these are once in a lifetime seasons, or if this will be the norm going forward in this new era of College NFL hybrid.

Just now, El ramster said:

That’s one game. Saints rely much more On their RBs than any other team.. They did last year vs the Bills too.. 

Well the Chiefs rely on their TEs more than any other team... that's not fair that they have talent there.  Oh and they have super skilled speedsters that get seperation... that's not fair either...

Archived