Based on the KC vs LA game, Pat Mahomes should be the MVP

thedorchannel

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Reread these and see the change in tone:

1. Its a life time acheivement

2. Mahomes is very arguably

3. They are close

Whatever buddy. I think you realized how wrong you are in your "100% truth" comment. You are probably to stubborn to admit you are wrong, so I will take your backtracking as a small victory. 

Yeah, there's no backtracking at any point. I've been consistent all along. Mahomes will be in the running with Brees. Brees will win it as a lifetime achievement MVP. That doesn't mean that Brees has no claim to the MVP. What it means is that Brees played well enough to be in the argument and that will be what gives him the edge. I'm hardly the only person who recognizes that. It's like the Peyton Manning MVP flowchart. You always knew Peyton would get the edge if he and another player were close.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I just want to say Mahomes Currently has 37 TDs 3600 yards and 10 int. Brees has 25 TDs 2900 hards and 1 int. 

This is flawed because those stats are for Mahomes at 11 games while Brees still has only played 10.  That's like adding in career playoff numbers and trying to use those numbers as an argument as to why player A who went to the playoffs every years is better than player B who never made the playoffs.

I don't know what it is with Rams fans and Brees.  I know it got nasty down in NO, but don't hold grudges bro.

Yes, if it's close, I expect Brees to get the nod.  But he legitimately has a strong case regardless in that he is on pace for ridiculous efficiency stats, and an all time low turnover count.  The problem with Brees, is that one multi-INT game form here on out will essentially be giving the MVP to Mahomes.  Whereas Mahomes can have a bad game or two and still put up bulk numbers.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't know what it is with Rams fans and Brees.  I know it got nasty down in NO, but don't hold grudges bro.

Yes, if it's close, I expect Brees to get the nod.  But he legitimately has a strong case regardless in that he is on pace for ridiculous efficiency stats, and an all time low turnover count.  The problem with Brees, is that one multi-INT game form here on out will essentially be giving the MVP to Mahomes.  Whereas Mahomes can have a bad game or two and still put up bulk numbers.

You're agreeing with the point I'm making. I'm not sure how that's holding a grudge (unless you're talking to Rammy).

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Napoleon syndrome. Your team and QB are better than theirs and it bruises their ego. They cant look forward to their future without peeing on your present. 

Trust me, having gone through Eagles fans and Daks rookie year, I can spot jealousy when I see it. Especially when its unwarranted envy. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're agreeing with the point I'm making. 

Yes, but I'll take it one step further and say I see nothing wrong with that.  Though I'd rather see Co-MVP in the event of a "tie"

It's all subjective, and really has no bearing on anything important.  It's not like we're handing Brees the Lombardi here.  

It’s kinda hard for Saints fans hearing for years that bulk stats aren’t important and using it as a chance to discredit Brees, but here Brees is being the most efficient QB (I think) of all time and he doesn’t have the bulk stays to gain forum wide  repect. 

Most gonna be a salty award ceremony regardless of what happens 

The game against the Rams didn't help Mahomes's MVP case because he lost. Had he won, even with 5 turnovers, it would have helped his case.

I would like to say that I feel like he was somewhat unlucky with those turnovers. I mean losing the ball on those two fumbles, the INT by Ebukam and the one where he got hit by Ebukam too I belive. Sure, the Rams forced those "mistakes" but usually you don't lose the ball everytime like that.

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

It’s kinda hard for Saints fans hearing for years that bulk stats aren’t important and using it as a chance to discredit Brees, but here Brees is being the most efficient QB (I think) of all time and he doesn’t have the bulk stays to gain forum wide  repect. 

Most gonna be a salty award ceremony regardless of what happens 

It's irony at it's finest.  

Archived