Based on the KC vs LA game, Pat Mahomes should be the MVP

thedorchannel

The Saints have already won a couple games (giants game, Minnesota game) without Drew Brees doing much. Rams just won a game without Todd Gurly doing much. Pat Mahomes is pretty much phenomenal every game this season and is the heartbeat of that chiefs team.  This rams loss actually shows Mahomes at his worst (bad decision making) and he was still amazing.

I said this in the MVP thread, I don't think this game makes or breaks his case. He was the hero of the game and also made key mistakes at the same time. It reaffirmed where he already sat compared to Brees, more dynamic and bulk productive, but riskier as well. It just made the debate even more determined by the turnover vs bulk production debate.

3 hours ago, thedorchannel said:

The Saints have already won a couple games (giants game, Minnesota game) without Drew Brees doing much. Rams just won a game without Todd Gurly doing much. Pat Mahomes is pretty much phenomenal every game this season and is the heartbeat of that chiefs team.  This rams loss actually shows Mahomes at his worst (bad decision making) and he was still amazing.

Goff >>>

3 hours ago, thedorchannel said:

MVPs don't give up 5 costly turnovers in prime time. Or at all usually. I don't see how last night could possibly be an argument in Mahomes's favor.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I said this in the MVP thread, I don't think this game makes or breaks his case. He was the hero of the game and also made key mistakes at the same time. It reaffirmed where he already sat compared to Brees, more dynamic and bulk productive, but riskier as well. It just made the debate even more determined by the turnover vs bulk production debate.

I agree with you. I don't think this is going to impact the debate much. Efficiency argument "but he had 5 turnovers" vs volume argument "but he threw for almost 500 yards and 6 TDs". 

Archived