Reuben Foster Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges in Florida

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Was Foster even playing well before this?  I only have PFF and the fact that he hadn't started the last two games to go on, but it doesn't look like he was playing well at all, and it actually looks like he was playing really bad football before this with a PFF rating of 40. 

He was bad.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Was Foster even playing well before this?  I only have PFF and the fact that he hadn't started the last two games to go on, but it doesn't look like he was playing well at all, and it actually looks like he was playing really bad football before this with a PFF rating of 40. 

He was playing very poorly, but tied directly to an injury to his shoulder. Doesn't top the injury to his brain, though.

Glad he's gone, one less idiot.  NEXT PLEASE !  Roll up! Roll up!  Free spot on a professional football roster up for grabs. all you need is talent, a willingness to learn and the right attitude, just those three attributes.

As regards Lynch's drafting and FA acquisitions, it is far too early to judge.  When he arrived this team's roster was seriously devoid of talent, and the organisation was on its knees.  Now we have, I believe, a really good and very smart head coach, and the talent level has improved.  We were extremely short on depth at so many positions when Lynch arrived, and expecting him to hit on every draft pick is quite frankly ludicrous.  Do you know/can you name any other team whose GM has had great pick after great pick and great FA pick-ups in their first season and a half at the helm?

To a franchise that was heading down the toilet if not already there?  I mean which great players who actually want to win the Super Bowl would want to come to the Niners, in the state we were in?

So cut him some slack folks.  He has been put in almost impossible situation.  I really do wonder if he got the job, because every other potential candidate looked at what had gone on there and thought, noooo thank you that's a potential career ender, which quite frankly the position had actually become that unattractive.  He is not going to turn this around in less than two years.  He arrived here at a job where he was on a hiding to nothing.  Bill Parcells (to name just one great talent evaluator) couldn't have turned this around or done any better in this time frame given the state of the roster and the franchise as a whole.  Let Lynch (and Shanahan) do the full six year stint I say, and then judge him.  Look what happens to the teams that constantly chop and change - they are perennial cellar dwellers.  If we are not back in the thick of things and a team to be avoided and/or feared and a good bet for the playoffs each year by end of year six then consider a change at GM.

The case for the defense rests, your Honour. 

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Terrible. But I'm pretty sure it was related to his shoulder and being hurt

1 (3). Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford
1 (31). Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
3 (2). Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
3 (40). C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa
4 (15). Joe Williams, RB, Utah
5 (2). George Kittle, TE, Iowa
5 (34). Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech
6 (14). D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss
6 (18). Pita Taumoepenu, LB, Utah
7 (11). Adrian Colbert, CB, Miami

Outside of Kittle, is there a single notable name on this list? 

Lynch really bombed the 2017 draft. 

59 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Yes. Akhello still shows promise but he needs to step up now.

evetone after the fourth round is solid and provide value in some way. Not to mention UDFA like Breida,, Bourne and Magnusson provide good value too. 

Still a super ugly draft though.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

DJ Jones could be something if he was allowed more snaps over Earl Mitchell. 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:12 AM, Geek said:

2017 draft-

Solly- Trending towards bust

Foster- potentially cut

Spoon- Jury still out

Beathard- Trending towards bust

Joe William- Bust

Kittle- Slam dunk

Taylor- Jury still out

Jones- trending upwards. Potentially future role player

Pita- trending towards bust

Colbert- trending towards bust

Man, this draft really doesn't look good halfway through year 2. Kittle really has been the saving grace. 

I think Robert Saleh deserves a ton of blame for Thomas and Witherspoon. Thomas is an interior penetrator that's stout against the run and average pass rushing. So far, most of Thomas' opportunities seem to be on the edge, which he is most definitely not an edge defender. Thomas has shown that he can be very effective when lining up beside Buckner, but Saleh won't play him there.

Witherspoon is more on the raw side than polished and was drafted in 3rd for his upside, not his current state. Remember, last year it took him almost half the season to get on the field, so it's not like he has a ton of playing time under his belt. This year, he hit some bumps in development early in the season and was seemingly cast out by Saleh. I think with Witherspoon, this season started out rough, then he got benched, then he got frustrated with his status on the team as guys like Greg Mabin got more playing time. He's still really young and not refined. He's FAR from a finished product and showed some serious promise last year. Don't cast him out yet. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Thomas has shown that he can be very effective when lining up beside Buckner, but Saleh won't play him there

The staff seems to love Sheldon Day, and like him more than Thomas inside... BUT... are we trying to win or we're trying to build for the future? Thomas is not an outside rusher. When we drafted him, I wondered if he should keep his build, even add a few pounds, and be an inside rusher, where is upside was obvious, or drop some weight and HOPE he has some more explosiveness. But what did we do? Neither of those things. Kept the weight, played him outside. Play him inside, dammit. We know what we have in Day, let him back up Thomas and Buckner. Give Thomas and Buckner 80% of the inside rushes, and Day can have the remaining 40%. And then, play Ronald Blair outside. He's a much much better pass rusher than Thomas. Again yesterday, he showed his explosiveness, and he was held so blatantly on one play that I was screaming at the screen. I couldn't understand how the announcers and refs could miss. He had an OL's arm around his chest, with the OL turned sideways. Blair should be on one side, Watson on the other, and Thomas and Buck inside. That's all. I don't care that Day is the better player or deserves it more. We're developing talent, here, not winning games.

And yeah, I like Saleh, but I don't think he's up to the challenge. 

33 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The staff seems to love Sheldon Day, and like him more than Thomas inside... BUT... are we trying to win or we're trying to build for the future? Thomas is not an outside rusher. When we drafted him, I wondered if he should keep his build, even add a few pounds, and be an inside rusher, where is upside was obvious, or drop some weight and HOPE he has some more explosiveness. But what did we do? Neither of those things. Kept the weight, played him outside. Play him inside, dammit. We know what we have in Day, let him back up Thomas and Buckner. Give Thomas and Buckner 80% of the inside rushes, and Day can have the remaining 40%. And then, play Ronald Blair outside. He's a much much better pass rusher than Thomas. Again yesterday, he showed his explosiveness, and he was held so blatantly on one play that I was screaming at the screen. I couldn't understand how the announcers and refs could miss. He had an OL's arm around his chest, with the OL turned sideways. Blair should be on one side, Watson on the other, and Thomas and Buck inside. That's all. I don't care that Day is the better player or deserves it more. We're developing talent, here, not winning games.

And yeah, I like Saleh, but I don't think he's up to the challenge. 

I agree with all of this. I am so utterly disappointed in our D-line. I thought this was going to be one of the best lines the Niners put on the field in several years. It felt like it was a deep and talented group that could overcome the lack of outside rush with its wealth of inside rushing talent. I also don't understand how we have largely the same players on defense this year as we did last year, yet almost everyone took a huge step backward in development. Saleh either needs to go or he needs to do some serious studying and planning by consulting with people who are good at this.

I really believe that this defense has talent at every level, but it's so misguided and mismanaged that no one knows what's going on. 

Here is the phone call from his ex from Saturday. I don't want to make assumptions but she sounded super calm and basically was described the same way as when she supposedly falsely accused him in February. Either her personality is just that way or she has some serious issues. Sounded kind of like psychopath in the court hearings....Yet Reuben still keeps going back to her. So even if he is innocent, I'm sorry dude deserves to be cut for being such an idiot. Could kill his NFL career by just being with her....Now, if he actually did hit him? F him and he deserves to lose his career anyways. 

Archived