Melvin Gordon week-to-week with MCL sprain

game3525

The Chargers have confirmed that Melvin Gordon is dealing with an MCL sprain and is week to week.

Gordon will miss this week's game trip to Pittsburgh and almost certainly Week 13 against the Bengals. It's entirely possible he's sidelined for the remainder of the regular season, though that does not appear to be the most likely outcome right now. Austin Ekeler will lead the Chargers' committee in Gordon's absence with seventh-round rookie Justin Jackson mixing in.

This hurts. I wouldn't be shock if they shut him down for the rest of the regular season if team can get to 9-4 or 10-3 in the next couple of weeks. 

27 minutes ago, game3525 said:

This hurts. I wouldn't be shock if they shut him down for the rest of the regular season if team can get to 9-4 or 10-3 in the next couple of weeks. 

WC game is 6 weeks away.    Ekeler is very serviceable.  I don’t see a rush to bring him back.   

It was a bad luck play that caused the injury.   But in reality he was iffy with a tight hammy.   In that context the decision to sit him pre-game was the right call.  I know it nearly bit them in the *ss in London but if you can’t beat the Cards at home without him you aren’t a contender (and they are even with the run D decimated ... again).  

Feel bad for the Charger fanbase.   And my 33-1 SB prop bet lol.  

WC game is 6 weeks away.    Ekeler is very serviceable.  I don’t see a rush to bring him back.   

Yeah. I honestly don't think he will be back for the regular season, especially if they manage to beat Pittsburgh this week. They aren't winning the division and there is no reason to bring him back to protect the 5th seed IMO. 

5 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah. I honestly don't think he will be back for the regular season, especially if they manage to beat Pittsburgh this week. They aren't winning the division and there is no reason to bring him back to protect the 5th seed IMO. 

The only reason they bring back MG3 week 17 is to get the rust off.   That I could see.   

2 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I kind of like Jackson as well. See what he can do. 

That's what I came here to say. Eckler probably keeps the same role he had with Jackson getting the bulk of the carries. 

Chargers will continue to roll this week. Getting bosa back elevates this defense to elite status. Derwin James is playing good ball.  

Their team really doesn't have any holes. 

Steelers continue to turn the ball over 31-21 chargers

On 11/28/2018 at 2:41 AM, N4L said:

That's what I came here to say. Eckler probably keeps the same role he had with Jackson getting the bulk of the carries. 

Chargers will continue to roll this week. Getting bosa back elevates this defense to elite status. Derwin James is playing good ball.  

I took the Chargers at 33-1 to win the SB this preseason so understand I felt this was a solid assessment in the preseason.  Along with how weak the AFC is at the top compared to the NFC meat grinder.  

But now the loss of Liuget and Perryman does hurt their run D.   A lot.  The key is if they can avoid getting behind it will mask that weakness but it’s there.  

On 11/28/2018 at 3:41 AM, N4L said:

I actually like the Steelers in this game.

They are tough to beat at home and on primetime. This also feels like a game where the Steelers o'line dominates the game. 

I have it Steelers 34 and Chargers 24. 

Archived