Who Should the Cowboys Pay First?

footbull3196

Which player should the Cowboys pay first?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which player should the Cowboys pay first?

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Don’t go there. Brady was drafted late because of his lack of size and lack of mobility as he had a 40 time higher than 5 seconds. 

Dak had the size and athleticism 

A guy who was 6-4 210 had lack of size? Don't go there with the mobility nonsense considering the last two years of top QB's being selected such as Leaf, Manning, Couch etc. Even if your claim was right your previous argument was dead wrong and @Matts4313 was right. A coach can make all the difference with turning around QB's or masking their flaws to put their teams in the best situations to win. Theres a reason why guys like Trent Dilfer are always brought up in discussions like these.

37 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

A guy who was 6-4 210 had lack of size? Don't go there with the mobility nonsense considering the last two years of top QB's being selected such as Leaf, Manning, Couch etc. Even if your claim was right your previous argument was dead wrong and @Matts4313 was right. A coach can make all the difference with turning around QB's or masking their flaws to put their teams in the best situations to win. Theres a reason why guys like Trent Dilfer are always brought up in discussions like these.

Brady was listed as 6-5 195 pounds. That’s frail for a QB that tall. He had no muscle definition and ran a 5.27. His stock was low because of being frail, slow, and weak In those years, they were afraid he wouldn’t last long because of the hits where QBs weren’t that protected  

Manning was 6-5 220 and ran a 4.8. 

Dak was 6-2 225 and ran a 4.79. So 

Nobody said a good coach can’t mask a QBs flaws. Of course a good offensive mind can cover a QBs flaws. But QBs like Wentz, Goff, Luck don’t have much flaws as someone like Dak does 

I said that on a pure talent level, Dak is not on par with Goff or Wentz. Dak has mental and accuracy issues. Which in my opinion, are so deeply entrenched in him from probably high school that they might be unfixable at this point. 

I don’t understand the purpose of your argument. 

16 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Brady was listed as 6-5 195 pounds. That’s frail for a QB that tall. He had no muscle definition and ran a 5.27. His stock was low because of being frail, slow, and weak In those years, they were afraid he wouldn’t last long because of the hits where QBs weren’t that protected  

Manning was 6-5 220 and ran a 4.8. 

Dak was 6-2 225 and ran a 4.79. So 

Nobody said a good coach can’t mask a QBs flaws. Of course a good offensive mind can cover a QBs flaws. But QBs like Wentz, Goff, Luck don’t have much flaws as someone like Dak does 

I said that on a pure talent level, Dak is not on par with Goff or Wentz. Dak has mental and accuracy issues. Which in my opinion, are so deeply entrenched in him from probably high school that they might be unfixable at this point. 

I don’t understand the purpose of your argument. 

From the combine

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

211 pounds. Not making this sh!t up.

And he did not fall 6 rounds because they thought he was frail. They thought he was an Average Joe with no standout qualities and was a system QB. That's why.

That was the implication of your post or how it came across that because Goff and Wentz were selected in the first round that they were capable of being reformed by a good coach and not Dak.

4 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

But it’s not really subjective. Most people agree unanimously which is why Dak was not graded a round one talent. He had the size and athleticism. If he had the arm talent, he would’ve been in the first round. He simply can’t make throws that Goff and Wentz can

Look at Paxton Lynch. He had the raw talent but didn’t have the mental aspect of it and he was graded by almost everyone as a first rounder.  

Here's the thing though, the analysis on Dak and Lynch were wrong.

Just because the drafting community says X thing doesn't mean it's accurate.

Football IQ and arm strength are subjective.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

From the combine

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

211 pounds. Not making this sh!t up.

And he did not fall 6 rounds because they thought he was frail. They thought he was an Average Joe with no standout qualities and was a system QB. That's why.

That was the implication of your post or how it came across that because Goff and Wentz were selected in the first round that they were capable of being reformed by a good coach and not Dak.

Dak can for sure get reformed by an offensive guru. 

His ceiling is Kirk Cousins and his floor is, well...Dak

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Dak can for sure get reformed by an offensive guru. 

His ceiling is Kirk Cousins and his floor is, well...Dak

Kirk Cousins? What?

Right now he is a thicker slower Alex Smith. They play virtually the same. For those of you older, they are wanna be Steve Youngs. For this generation, they are wanna be Tom Bradys who can run.

He needs to improve on his pocket presences and strive to get to the level of understanding that the greats do. Ya know, being able to diagnose everything thats going to happen before it does. 

If he gets to that level, who knows what his ceiling is. An efficient QB, who doesnt turn the ball over and has scrambling ability. 

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Kirk Cousins? What?

Right now he is a thicker slower Alex Smith. They play virtually the same. For those of you older, they are wanna be Steve Youngs. For this generation, they are wanna be Tom Bradys who can run.

He needs to improve on his pocket presences and strive to get to the level of understanding that the greats do. Ya know, being able to diagnose everything thats going to happen before it does. 

If he gets to that level, who knows what his ceiling is. An efficient QB, who doesnt turn the ball over and has scrambling ability. 

Alex Smith was my first thought but since it’s his ceiling I was talking about, I can see him reach a Kirk Cousins level. 

He’ll never be top 5 but you can see him being anywhere from 10-15.  Again I’m mentioning his ceiling. Not currently 

3 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Alex Smith was my first thought but since it’s his ceiling I was talking about, I can see him reach a Kirk Cousins level. 

He’ll never be top 5 but you can see him being anywhere from 10-15.  Again I’m mentioning his ceiling. Not currently 

I think he is around ~15 right now. Not season long, but just the last 5-7 games.

At his best, he will be hover in that ~10 range. His first 25 games in the league, he was consistently ranked in the 8-12 range.  

Archived