Who Should the Cowboys Pay First?

footbull3196

Which player should the Cowboys pay first?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which player should the Cowboys pay first?

If we’re being completely honest here, this choice really should be a slam dunk.  But I’m interested in seeing what other people have to say about this matter at hand

I personally don’t believe they should be paying Dak.  They should be paying Demarcus Lawrence, especially after they already franchise tagged him to make him prove himself one more time and he did just that this season.  He is the best player on that line and the guy who allows their linebackers to have sideline to sideline pursuit since they don’t have to focus on rushing the passer

Even though dak had a great first half last night, he has proven over time that he cannot be trusted to deliver a knockout blow when it’s needed most.  And they’re about to give him north of $25M a year and I think that’s concerning.  I’m sorry but intangibles are simply not worth anywhere near that much money unless they come with physical attributes that are

24 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

If we’re being completely honest here, this choice really should be a slam dunk.  But I’m interested in seeing what other people have to say about this matter at hand

I personally don’t believe they should be paying Dak.  They should be paying Demarcus Lawrence, especially after they already franchise tagged him to make him prove himself one more time and he did just that this season.  He is the best player on that line and the guy who allows their linebackers to have sideline to sideline pursuit since they don’t have to focus on rushing the passer

Even though dak had a great first half last night, he has proven over time that he cannot be trusted to deliver a knockout blow when it’s needed most.  And they’re about to give him north of $25M a year and I think that’s concerning.  I’m sorry but intangibles are simply not worth anywhere near that much money unless they come with physical attributes that are

They're sitting on $43M in cap space this offseason with only Lawrence as the notable re-sign.  They're probably looking to hammer out an extension with Zeke, and he'll get around $13M/year which is a $6M range.  With the tag and a Zeke extension, that cap space drops to ~$20M.  They can save $5M from releasing Allen Hurns, $5.9M from releasing Tyrone Crawford, and $7M from releasing Sean Lee.  That's roughly $38M in cap space to extend Dak (~$20M), extend Cooper (~$2M), and then you get into La'El Collins, Byron Jones, and Jaylon Smith.  The Cowboys have plenty of cap space, or can easily attain it to retain their guys.

Besides the refs?

But in all seriousness this might be better in the Cowboys forum than here.  Also the answer is Zeke, Lawrence, basically everyone not named Dak.  Still dont think he will deserve the contract that he will end up signing.

14 minutes ago, Raves said:

Besides the refs?

But in all seriousness this might be better in the Cowboys forum than here.  Also the answer is Zeke, Lawrence, basically everyone not named Dak.  Still dont think he will deserve the contract that he will end up signing.

Tru dat.

The answer is easily DLaw.

The truth will be Dak.

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're sitting on $43M in cap space this offseason with only Lawrence as the notable re-sign.  They're probably looking to hammer out an extension with Zeke, and he'll get around $13M/year which is a $6M range.  With the tag and a Zeke extension, that cap space drops to ~$20M.  They can save $5M from releasing Allen Hurns, $5.9M from releasing Tyrone Crawford, and $7M from releasing Sean Lee.  That's roughly $38M in cap space to extend Dak (~$20M), extend Cooper (~$2M), and then you get into La'El Collins, Byron Jones, and Jaylon Smith.  The Cowboys have plenty of cap space, or can easily attain it to retain their guys.

I’m not saying it’s not possible for the cowboys to pay both guys.  I’m saying only one of them actually deserves to be paid

Archived