Who Should the Cowboys Pay First?

footbull3196

Which player should the Cowboys pay first?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which player should the Cowboys pay first?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's not an either or scenario.  The Cowboys have to retain both.

They really don’t have to retain both lol.  They’re just going to choose to try and do so.  They could easily look to draft another quarterback to push Dak, or try to find a stop gap for cheaper this offseason.  We just know what they’ll probably end up doing 

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

They really don’t have to retain both lol.  They’re just going to choose to try and do so.  They could easily look to draft another quarterback to push Dak, or try to find a stop gap for cheaper this offseason.  We just know what they’ll probably end up doing 

Who are they going to get that's going to replace Dak?  The FA class is headlined by Teddy Bridgwater, and they just gave up their first round pick for Amari Cooper.  Short of them pulling a rabbit out of a hat, Dak is their QB in 2020 whether or not Cowboys fans like it.  There really isn't a realistic upgrade out there.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who are they going to get that's going to replace Dak?  The FA class is headlined by Teddy Bridgwater, and they just gave up their first round pick for Amari Cooper.  Short of them pulling a rabbit out of a hat, Dak is their QB in 2020 whether or not Cowboys fans like it.  There really isn't a realistic upgrade out there.

I know they’re not about to go after bridgewater, but he would be a realistic option.  I’d be interested to see what he could do with that team

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

I know they’re not about to go after bridgewater, but he would be a realistic option.  I’d be interested to see what he could do with that team

He'd do the same thing Dak has done, Bridgewater was a good QB but at his best he wasn't anything more on tape than Dak was.

18 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

People keep saying Dak is "not the guy" who is then?

Dallas has zero chance to upgrade on Dak this offseason or find a replacement. 

Might be several Veteran QB available at seasons end depending on what direction Organization's choose. 

Flacco, Tannehill, Winston, Bridgewater, Bradford, Foles ( Never happen 😎 ), McCarron, Taylor, 

Yes Dak is going to be a Cowboy next season , but it doesn't mean there aren't other " potential" options.

42 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

People keep saying Dak is "not the guy" who is then?

Dallas has zero chance to upgrade on Dak this offseason or find a replacement. 

This is terrible type of mindset. So you pay Dak 27M a year for like 5 years because you don’t know who the next guy is? This is called insecurities and you’re totally fine being a fringe playoff team not willing to take risks.

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Might be several Veteran QB available at seasons end depending on what direction Organization's choose. 

Flacco, Tannehill, Winston, Bridgewater, Bradford, Foles ( Never happen 😎 ), McCarron, Taylor, 

Yes Dak is going to be a Cowboy next season , but it doesn't mean there aren't other " potential" options.

Flacco isn't an upgrade over Dak, plus injury issues.

Tannehill is worse than Dak, plus injury issues.

Winston isn't leaving Tampa.

Bridgewater is more than likely re-signing with the saints.

Foles? Nah.

Bradford?.....*Cue Cardinals game*

McCarron, Scrub.

Taylor, like the guy but nah.

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is terrible type of mindset. So you pay Dak 27M a year for like 5 years because you don’t know who the next guy is? This is called insecurities and you’re totally fine being a fringe playoff team not willing to take risks.

No I'm saying you let Dak play out his final year, the cowboys have no way of upgrading on him barring a franchise QB falling into their lap in the draft somehow.

I never said "Pay dak 27M a year" I'm questioning where people get this idea you can upgrade Dak within the next 2 offseasons given the Cowboys would more than likely have to draft his replacement in 2019 if they're gonna let him walk in 2020 (or franchise him if 2019 is another typical solid season)

How is the fringe playoff team not willing to take a risk a thing with the cowboys? They just gave up a 1st rounder for a WR who had consistency issues for years. 

There is no scenario where any team would not extend Dak. It's such a tough situation to be in. If you're in an NFL team, you have to think you can fix his flaws. I have for one think his pocket presence (and I mean all of it), and general accuracy are not really "fixable." They are deeply ingrained traits from his football upbringing, not something that can change, but as an NFL team in a league where franchise QBs are the key to everything, there is no question you have faith you can "fix" him. Best case scenario for plowboys, and what they probably get done, is a fairly front loaded deal that would let them cut ties with him year 3 if he makes no progress.

If you look like a starter at least half the time, and have easily identifiable flaws, you will get more chances than what just 4 years of rookie deal provide you with. Just look at history. 

This thread is one huge Dak hating logic fail. 

DLaw is worth less than Donald, Mack. I would tap out around $20m. If he wants more than that, we can franchise him again (and potentially trade him).

Dak is a bit more curious. His first 25 games were very efficient. His last ~7 games he has been back around a 100 QB rating with a good completion percentage and a great TD/INT ration. The end of last year and start of this year were awful though. I would be willing to pay franchise QB money as long as we had an out within a 3 years. 

And then I would get a real OC and QB coach. See if we can actually provide him with support and scheme. We saw what Wentz/Goff/others have done with better coaching. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This thread is one huge Dak hating logic fail. 

DLaw is worth less than Donald, Mack. I would tap out around $20m. If he wants more than that, we can franchise him again (and potentially trade him).

Dak is a bit more curious. His first 25 games were very efficient. His last ~7 games he has been back around a 100 QB rating with a good completion percentage and a great TD/INT ration. The end of last year and start of this year were awful though. I would be willing to pay franchise QB money as long as we had an out within a 3 years. 

And then I would get a real OC and QB coach. See if we can actually provide him with support and scheme. We saw what Wentz/Goff/others have done with better coaching. 

Goff and Wentz are first round talent. Small difference 

Archived