Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

.Buzz

5 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

You seem to be missing the distinction between legal consequences and public relations/morality.

I’m not actually. I’m fully aware of that. You guys want the NFL to be the moral authority on a societal issue when that’s not at all they’re in the business of doing. 

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Because the NFL actively tries to play the role model. Whether this is because they feel media pressure forces them to, or because they just do it as a way to spread their influence as much as they can, they try to play the moral police, and then incidents like this happen when just completely undermine their "fight for justice." They don't care any more about DV, injustice, etc., then the law forces them to, nothing wrong with that, but that's the reality... but they pretend they do. So you bet they'll get harsh backlash.

Disagree. Because for years we heard complaints about the NFLs lack of regard for these things. People complained that they did not take it seriously enough. Then the Ray Rice thing happens which meant they faced public pressure to act on upon on it because it was viewed as a stain on them. They’ve been forced into this position. 

Har Har.

Didn't expect a release, but thought quite a lot of posters were under-selling the expected punishment last night. I thought til the end of the season off. Do you buy that it's just for lying? I mean, no one is releasing a player just for lying - not even count Belichick. It contributes, but it's sure as hell driven by the action.

Anyway, stop being stupid, NFL players!

What surprises me is that TMZ released the video right here right now as opposed to when this situation happened in February. Heck, not even a month or two after it happened.

8 months in between when it happened and the reveal today?

For perspective, that's a longer gap compared to Ray Rice and the initial story coming out (February 2014) and the video of what ultimately happened (September 2014)

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Too bad Mahomes, Hill, and Kelcee make up for that. Hunt will potentially be on his couch watching the Chiefs hoist the Lombardi trophy. 

Well Reid probably can’t hoist anything higher than a chicken wing past his mouth so is it really even hoisting at that point?

1 hour ago, CKS97 said:

What surprises me is that TMZ released the video right here right now as opposed to when this situation happened in February. Heck, not even a month or two after it happened.

8 months in between when it happened and the reveal today?

For perspective, that's a longer gap compared to Ray Rice and the initial story coming out (February 2014) and the video of what ultimately happened (September 2014)

Owner must have been facing the dude with Hunt in their league and playoffs on the line.

Archived