What are your top 5 Packer draft picks that you really wanted.

PackerLegend

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Players that I wanted for the Packers to draft before they were drafted?

1.  Mason Crosby

2.  HaHa Clinton-Dix

3.  Randall Cobb

4.  TJ Lang

5th, I am not sure.  There are quite a few, good and bad, but a drop off after these 4.  

Thats not a bad list at all.
Now....if your selections came micro-seconds after some one of the draft day pundits played their: "The pick will be...." card - its not quite as impressive :)

J'Mon

Montravious

Casey Hayward 

Eddie Lacy

Matthews

Clays draft was the first I followed so that probably got me hooked. We've drafted other guys I was cool with obviously but these are the straight draft crushes. And Jaire but I didnt think he was in contention to be picked.

1. Bulaga (I was going nuts with both him and Dez Bryant on the board)

2. Haha

3. Lacy (he was a Round 1 target in my eyes, and had more meaningful impact for us than the guy we actually took in 1)

4. Raji

... and then there were numerous guys I liked that we got on Day 2 or in the mids that I could not really rank... J'Mon, Fack, Cobb, Finley, Burnett, etc.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats not a bad list at all.
Now....if your selections came micro-seconds after some one of the draft day pundits played their: "The pick will be...." card - its not quite as impressive :)

Just so many mock drafts here with Cobb and Lang.  I was a fan of Crosby when he was at Colorado.  And HaHa was IMO the perfect situation for the Packers draft needs that season.  Bulaga was too, it was just difficult for me to get excited about a tackle as the first pick, Sherrod will fit that mold too.  

My top 10 would have wound down pretty quick though, I wanted Aaron Rouse, Pat Lee, and Davon House from their drafts too.  I thought Quarless would be as good as Jermichael.  

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

That I really wanted? I don't think that's ever lined up for me actually.

Me either. Most excited I've been for GB to get a specific player was probably Jake Ryan (won me a draft contest!), because I obviously thought he'd be better than he is (IMO he's OK. Just not a game-breaker. Probably the reincarnation of AJ Hawk). I loved the Ty Detmer and Eddie Lacy picks, and remember being highly intrigued by Nick Collins (his pre-draft ratings were all over the board, so I was curious as to how it was going to play out) and Ty Montgomery. 

Archived