Your draft crushes that never became Packers

OneTwoSixFive

I'll try to put all of mine, even the eventual NFL failures.

2005 - David Pollack, Aaron Rodgers (dead serious), Matt Roth, Gerald Sensabaugh
2006 - Brian Calhoun, Chad Greenway, Ashton Youboty
2007 - Gerald Alexander, Anthony Gonzalez, Paul Posluszny
2008 - Charles Godfrey, Jonathan Goff, James Hardy, Leodis McKelvin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
2009 - Ramses Barden, Michael Crabtree, Aaron Curry, Nate Davis, Larry English, Bradley Fletcher, Jaron Gilbert, LeSean McCoy, Lawrence Sidbury, Alphonso Smith
2010 - NaVorro Bowman, Dezmon Briscoe, Mardy Gilyard, Sean Lee, Zoltan Mesko (yeah, yeah, I know), Jared Odrick, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Amari Spievey, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
2011 - Prince Amukamara, Chimdi Chekwe, Tandon Doss, Ryan Kerrigan, Mikel Leshoure, Casey Matthews, Dontay Moch, Tyler Sash, Cecil Shorts, Martez Wilson, Titus Young
2012 - Fletcher Cox, Jared Crick, George Iloka, Melvin Ingram, Riley Reiff, Mohamed Sanu, Russell Wilson
2013 - Johnathan Cyprien, Aaron Dobson, Travis Frederick, William Gholston, Johnathan Hankins, Tyrann Mathieu, John Simon, Ryan Swope, Menelik Watson, Terrance Williams
2014 - Jace Amaro, Dri Archer, Darqueze Dennard, Pierre Desir, Aaron Donald, Jimmy Garoppolo, Ryan Grant, Marqueston Huff, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Khalil Mack, Johnny Manziel
2015 - David Cobb, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Eli Harold, Kevin Johnson, Byron Jones, Craig Mager, Derron Smith
2016 - Joey Bosa, Tyler Boyd, Kevin Byard, Shilique Calhoun, Le'Raven Clark, Joe Haeg, Javon Hargrave, DeAndre Houston-Carson, Chris Jones, Eric Murray, A'Shawn Robinson, Darian Thompson, Cody Whitehair
2017 - Chidobe Awuzie, Gareon Conley, Samson Ebukam, Malik Hooker, OJ Howard, Eddie Jackson, Sidney Jones, Desmond King, Cooper Kupp, Forrest Lamp, Jourdan Lewis, Joe Mixon, Derek Rivers, John Ross, TJ Watt
2018 - Keishawn Bierria, Bradley Chubb, Derwin James, Harold Landry, Anthony Miller, Isaiah Oliver, Daron Payne, Leighton Vander Esch, Tracy Walker, Isaac Yiadom

I seem to have a thing for Boise State safeties lol...

...and the B1G

Brian orakpo, Eric weddle (LOVED him, the one that hurt me the most), honey badger, nick Chubb , TJ Watt

Marshawn Lynch, Chris Johnson was a particularly brutal draft for me as a packers fan too.  Tried so hard to convince myself that Ted knew a thing about Harrell;  was bitterly disappointed we didn’t get an elite back out of that rich crop , gombined with one of the biggest swing and miss picks for the ages; not teds finest pick that’s for sure

i was extremely high on Deion Jones and at the time felt our defence, especially in the middle was far too slow and lacking physicality. Deion Jones would've improved all that and provided leadership and I thought he was the perfect fit for our 3-4 defence playing in that Buccannon role.

In the 2nd round we traded up and he was available but instead we took Spriggs and Jones went four picks later.

A year later we tried to compensate for that mistake by drafting Josh Jones who so far has done F-A.

And of course....there's Watt.

2016 RB Alvin Kamara;   The Pack was in need of RB and Kamara was there for the taking at the bottom of the second round. Instead the Pack chose Safety Josh Jones. The Saints got Kamara in the Third round. The Pack then took three  RB's in the fourth, fifth, and seventh rounds. Aaron Jones is good, but not as good as AK. 

Most recently TJ Watt.    Still can't believe TT passed on him.  Tried in my mind to justify it as CB was just as big if not a bigger need.  Fell right in our lap. ughhh...he sure would have looked nice in the Green and Gold.  King would be an excellent CB if he could ever stay healthy.  

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Marshawn Lynch and Darrelle Revis. Sucks because both were heavily rumored to be on the Packers list.

These were the first two that came to my mind as well. Another guy more rescent was TJ Watt; all of these guys seemed too perfect to pass up. Looking back there were many guys that seemed to fit perceived need but were passed on. Some didnt turn out to be any good and we don't really pine for those but then there are the guys like Revis, Lynch and Watt when you start to look over the past 15yrs or so it seems like there are far too many guys who fit the need who were passed on. 

4 minutes ago, Reaper said:

These were the first two that came to my mind as well. Another guy more rescent was TJ Watt; all of these guys seemed too perfect to pass up. Looking back there were many guys that seemed to fit perceived need but were passed on. Some didnt turn out to be any good and we don't really pine for those but then there are the guys like Revis, Lynch and Watt when you start to look over the past 15yrs or so it seems like there are far too many guys who fit the need who were passed on. 

Lynch and Revis never made it to the Packers spots. They didn’t pass on them like TJ Watt. If you mean they didn’t have conviction to go get them... that’s fine.

but they didn’t pass on them. They just didn’t fall far enough.

Archived