Which of These Coaches Deserve to Keep Their Job?

footbull3196

Which of these coaches deserve to keep their job beyond this season?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these coaches deserve to keep their job beyond this season?

Vance Joseph - Broncos are 6-6 and beat both the Chargers and Steelers on their 3 game winning streak

John Harbaugh - Winning with the QB that has the worst passer rating in the league, and this was going against the Bengals, Raiders, and a Falcons who have 3 of the worst defenses in the league lol.  Ravens D is still a top 5 unit under him

Steve Wilks - Didn’t really deserve to lose his job in the first place, but team is finally showing signs of life late in the season.  Just beat the Packers in Lambeau

Dirk Koetter - Dealing with a never ending QB carousel and still manages to put together a competent offense.  Just dealt a serious blow to the Panthers playoff hopes

Jay Gruden - Has an extremely limited quarterback and is still in contention for the division 

IMO all of them except Dirk deserve to keep their jobs, though Harbaugh may be on his way out anyways

49 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Dirk Koetter - Dealing with a never ending QB carousel and still manages to put together a competent offense.  Just dealt a serious blow to the Panthers playoff hopes

No, thanks. 9-7 is apparently his ceiling. We can (and should) hope for better than that.

Gruden shouldn't be on this list. His own fault is that he's tone deaf with the media during press conferences, outside of that he's done wonders for them. Vance Joesph should keep this job after beating the Chargers and now having the team on a win streak. What's elway gonna get that's better then him? Harbaugh?

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Vance Joseph - Broncos are 6-6 and beat both the Chargers and Steelers on their 3 game winning streak

John Harbaugh - Winning with the QB that has the worst passer rating in the league, and this was going against the Bengals, Raiders, and a Falcons who have 3 of the worst defenses in the league lol.  Ravens D is still a top 5 unit under him

Steve Wilks - Didn’t really deserve to lose his job in the first place, but team is finally showing signs of life late in the season.  Just beat the Packers in Lambeau

Jay Gruden - Has an extremely limited quarterback and is still in contention for the division 

IMO all of them except Dirk deserve to keep their jobs, though Harbaugh may be on his way out anyways

I'd like Harbs to stick around. Hoping that report was JLC charging forward with the most dramatic/negative spin possible, as he's known to do. 

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

No, thanks. 9-7 is apparently his ceiling. We can (and should) hope for better than that.

Without a good QB, 9-7 is a solid ceiling 

doesnt seem like anything special as a coach but he has the Buca competing most weeks with a bust and old journeyman at QB. That should be worth something

4 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Without a good QB, 9-7 is a solid ceiling 

doesnt seem like anything special as a coach but he has the Buca competing most weeks with a bust and old journeyman at QB. That should be worth something

Even when Jameis has a good game, we lose more often than we win.

4 hours ago, dgr81 said:

You forgot Ron Rivera who is most certainly done in Carolina

If he has a similar collapse next year i can see them canning him.  But they just went 11-5 last year in a season with few expectations and I know they’re not going to use this year as an excuse to cut bait with him, especially if they actually get it together in the coming weeks 

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

If he has a similar collapse next year i can see them canning him.  But they just went 11-5 last year in a season with few expectations and I know they’re not going to use this year as an excuse to cut bait with him, especially if they actually get it together in the coming weeks 

3 winning seasons in 8 years.  Why would we need another failure of a season to fire him? 

I like Rivera and he’s not the worst, but he’s no more than a Norv Turner as a HC.  Same flaws.  He definitely should be let go.

35 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

3 winning seasons in 8 years.  Why would we need another failure of a season to fire him? 

I like Rivera and he’s not the worst, but he’s no more than a Norv Turner as a HC.  Same flaws.  He definitely should be let go.

I don’t disagree, I just don’t expect them to actually do it.  But I do expect them to give him an ultimatum for 2019 to make the playoffs or he’s fired, especially if the Panthers miss the playoffs this year

42 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Rivera has consistently made the playoffs without a QB and has been to a SB. No reason for him to go.

... other than the fact he makes some really terrible decisions you mean? 

They are under new ownership, so who knows. There is no precedent other than the fact he is a former Steeler owner. Maybe that means he will stick with a guy for a long time, or maybe that means he will want to find his own guy. 

Either way Ron needs to abandon the 'riverboat ron' mentality. He's giving away points and that's correlating into losses. 

I think gruden harbaugh joeseph keep their jobs 

Archived