16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I was about ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, and then he went pulled that crap in Indy last year and left a bunch of people in the lurch.  Maybe it wasn't all his fault, but the fact that he was involved in it makes me question him.

I have to question whether or not assistant coaches are going to be clamoring to coach with him, after what he did to the likes of Matt Eberflus who had already uprooted his family and bought a house in Indy and was working with the team already. I mean its rough man. I'd truly question working under a guy like that if I were a top assistant looking to make a move.

I can see the value of both a tried and true coordinator/head coach or a college coach.  It is a crap shoot no matter what.  What we need is someone who can adapt to the dynamics of Rodgers and then to a fresh new Qb for when #12 hangs up the cleats.  So I hope they do their due diligence and look beyond a 4-5 year plan.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

NFL today is an offense-led league.

If you hire a defensive minded head coach, the very first question they will be asked is about their offensive coordinator and scheme.

That OC gets up and running, has success, and suddenly is the next "hot" name out there for a head coaching position.  That is just how it works right now.

Might as well get ahead of it and hire the offensive minded head coach now, whomever that may be.

I agree .. we get a hotshot young OC and the Packers offense takes off and he's probably someone else's head coach the following year.  We need a head coach who is the offensive brains of the organization so when people move on that continuity still remains.  

48 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This strategy makes sense to me.

If Aaron is going to but heads, then it is with the coordinator and a level headed head coach can both work as a mediator between the two, and also can maintain rapport with the team in general so that the dispute doesn't get out of control in the locker room.

I don't see them going this way, but if there is a defensive oriented candidate that comes out as the best for the Packers, it could work.

Who are the best defensive head coaches out there (other than Cowher)?

Gym shorts? @Norm

Another name I haven't heard before: Joe Woods out in Denver. Good DB play seems to follow him everywhere he goes.

Archived