GDT Week 14: Baltimore Ravens vs Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

Good news is division is still in play. If Steelers lose 2 of their remaining 4 and we win out, we win the division. If we win out and all the other teams that are currently 7-6 win out, we still earn ourselves a wild card berth. Where it gets tricky is if we lose one of the next 3, then we no longer control our destiny. It's right there in our hands, now we just need to see if this is the same ole Ravens or not.

3 minutes ago, Danand said:

The conversions  here are not Winks fault imo. Shoddy tackling and horrendous awareness on the back end.

How is it not his fault? Shoddy tackling and poor awareness? He put Mosley in coverage, a player that’s notoriously been exposed in coverage all season long back there vs blitzing him to free up some of our other rushers. That’s definitely on him. Mosley isn’t a rookie, we know what he is. Wink knows who he is. And Wink tried to get cute and it didn’t work.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

How is it not his fault? Shoddy tackling and poor awareness? He put Mosley in coverage, a player that’s notoriously been exposed in coverage all season long back there vs blitzing him to free up some of our other rushers. That’s definitely on him. Mosley isn’t a rookie, we know what he is. Wink knows who he is. And Wink tried to get cute and it didn’t work.

We had players in position to make a play. I saw Wink mix up what he did both with pressure and dropping in coverage. You would all blame him for being too aggresive if he send the house and they took a short pass play 25 yards because no one as back in coverage. There where 3 players in the vicinity of Hill when he caught the ball.

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

I was too early to praise Winks defense, but again, I can't see where he actually messed up? It seems the last TD the Chiefs got they knew what he would do, but those long 3 and 4 conversions I think where spot on. We just somehow doesn't have the players to finish in those situations and somehow weddle look out of position every time. For all he offers, it seems he is too slow to be the game changer a player like Ed Reed was.

This isn’t somehow. If I’m playing Madden and I am dumb enough to put CJ Mosley in coverage vs Tyreek Hill and I give up a 19 yard completion against one of the games top burners... would you say that I only “somehow” loss the game because my CPU player wasn’t able to get it done in coverage?

Or would you call a spade a spade and say, I’m an idiot for calling such a defensive play. FYI... it’s the latter. And Mosley is much slower and much worse in coverage than what he is in Madden so this isn’t even close.

Whats more I don’t understand how you can roast Lamar for largely leading a quality offense all game long while occasionally making rookie mistakes or not hitting passes on target because “he should know better” yet a veteran coach who actually should know better than to leave an MVP quarterback with plenty of time to make an MVP type of play off the hook. Such logic is literally beside me. It does not compute.

All in all, we gave the Chiefs a game down to the wire even though we missed at least one touchdown Moore could have caught, a couple of turnovers and soo many penalties. We had the chances to finish and win but didn't take em

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Harbaugh should spin this tough loss into an us against the world mentality. With the refs being the focal point.

Yup. Keep Lamar at the helm and pen it as “The NFL doesn’t want a run first, defensive team to win in this league. They say it’s not pretty, they say it doesn’t sell tickets, they say it’s not how you win football games. Well let’s prove them wrong. Let’s prove to them that we will win football games. And if they say it’s ugly say who cares, it’s Ravens football!”

Boom. Get ready to thrash Tampa Bay. This loss really sucks because I’m not confident in us beating the Chargers. I think they’re the worst matchup for us arguably in the league.

9 minutes ago, Danand said:

We had players in position to make a play. I saw Wink mix up what he did both with pressure and dropping in coverage. You would all blame him for being too aggresive if he send the house and they took a short pass play 25 yards because no one as back in coverage. There where 3 players in the vicinity of Hill when he caught the ball.

I would blame him for that? I think not. I was literally about to post that I hope he didn’t Rex Ryan that play before the snap happened and he proved me right by indeed Rex Ryaning the play. Blitz all game long only to stop when the game is “on the line.”

How can you praise him for the players “executing on the blitz” but when they don’t execute against the pass it’s “on the players”. It’s not black and white. The players can’t play tight coverage with that much time or else they’re getting flagged for being aggressive, so they have to give space and space against a speedster is what loses you games as the Chiefs proved there.

Now if the refs were allowing the Ravens to play, then maybe you think about dropping guys back into coverage. But they had already shown what type of game hey were going to call.

Also John Brown is about the softest receiver. Too many times where defenders are either draping him or they have a hand near the ball and he either decides to not attack the ball or he allows that physicality to get to him. That RG3 pass, if he really wanted to earn a paycheck this offseason was the time to make a play. Even if it’s not a first down, it’s a much more manageable situation. There have been multiple targets these past few games where he pisses me off with his lack of effort at attacking the ball. He’s literally our only receiver where that’s been the case. I’m glad they’re putting Moore in there more often.

Archived