GDT Week 14: Baltimore Ravens vs Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

I really hope this front office doesn’t make the mistake of resigning Mosley. He’s played much better as of late, but he’s not someone you pay $10m/year. Give that money to Pierce and keep it moving. I’m undecided on Weddle, if we miss the playoffs though, cut him. Because that will be an admission that this defense needs new leadership all around. If we had a more proven ILB to make the calls, then I would be confident enough to cut him too.

16 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

so who's starting next week? Is Lamar ok? Is it Flacco time again?

X-Rays are negative on the ankle, so he’s fine. In terms of starting, if I’m Harbaugh, I’m riding with Jackson as the starter and then use Flacco as the confusing element. I make Flacco active and give him about 10-15 passes, but largely keep this offense the same way it’s going. Force teams to stop it. And so far no one has stopped it to this point. We were three yards from another 200 yards rushing game. Keep him in there.

46 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I really hope this front office doesn’t make the mistake of resigning Mosley. He’s played much better as of late, but he’s not someone you pay $10m/year. Give that money to Pierce and keep it moving. I’m undecided on Weddle, if we miss the playoffs though, cut him. Because that will be an admission that this defense needs new leadership all around. If we had a more proven ILB to make the calls, then I would be confident enough to cut him too.

Mosley and Weddle need to both be gone, IYAM. This team has a clear leadership issue on defense and those two are the guys responsible for the units that fail the most. Plus, Weddle is about the softest guy in the secondary I've ever seen. Scared to make a tackle, scared to do anything and is just invisible all other times.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Looked like it started as a zone defense to me

Watching it again on replay, looks like it's a match coverage that starts as zone and then you match guys. Mosley matched to Tyreek and then Tyreek made him look like the slow turtle in coverage he is by beating him inside.

This team just finds ways to lose on defense. That's really all it is. Weddle in the middle of nowhere, Mosley not able to keep up with FB's, RB's or WR's or just stay the **** in his middle zone, etc. etc.

It's exhausting.

What a game exciting to the end. Sucks that we couldn’t get it done but I am 100% more confident in this team if we make the playoffs. Before I wasent sure that we would really make noise but I see it now. I love Flacco but this is Jackson’s team now. I’m not saying Jackson is better but this team is just clicking no reason to change the QB and starting a controversy. Let Flacc get healthy so we can trade him I truly believe some desperate team will give us a second. Jaguars and Broncos are most likely candidates. We got this Steelers dropping the game against the Raiders might just be the lucky break we need screw the wildcard I want the division.

After watching the post game interviews, I feel really confident going into next week against Tampa Bay. When we lost to New Orleans it looked like the defense and the team as a whole were a bully that got beat down by the nerd and lost all his mojo and didn’t know who he was anymore. Like Mike Tyson after the Buster Douglas fight.

This team now, after the loss to Kansas City, they look pissed off. They looked like Kobe after his loss to the Celtics in the finals. You just know that they’re going to come back with a vengeance. 

Not to look past Tampa Bay because you’ve got guys playing for their starting position and are really looking to get things done, but I definitely feel a bit more confident in reference to the Chargers matchup. If only because while they’re playing at home and it’s a West Coast game, we should likely still have that motivation carrying over and also have that chip on this teams shoulder to prove they can beat an elite QB. Also that along with the fact that we will be following up the Chargers after what is likely to be a brutal battle with their Chiefs rival and that should also give us a leg up. If we can escape the Tampa Bay game completely healthy, then I like our chances against the Chargers more than I did previously. My biggest reason why is because I’m encouraged more now than in a long time by this team knowing it’s identity.

I think the strong run game, the TOP, the defense. A lot of that identity has come since Lamar was inserted into the starting lineup. But I’d love to see Joe featured in on prepared drives as well. Force defenses to have to gameplan against a Flacco drive and a Lamar Jackson drive. As opposed to playing the “hot hand” we could literally script multiple drives. Keep Lamar as the starter that sees more of the first team reps (because he needs to develop) and then let Flacco come in and sling it for maybe 3 drives a game. Get the defense on their toes. Would be difficult to scheme all of that, but if done and done well we could really gain an advantage come playoff time and to end the season.

Yea, I feel more than comfortable looking past the Bucs. Winston won't finish the game. Be it by injury due to all the hits he takes, or him having one of his classic implosion games. They don't have Travis Kelce or Tyreek Hill, we'll shut them down. It will look a lot like the Falcons & Titans games imo. 

Plus Ryan Jensen will rack up so many penalties trying to prove how "tough" he is against his former team, that they'll have more flag yardage than actual. 

If you want a laugh, go look in their forum at how much Bucs fans hate Jensen. 

19 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea, I feel more than comfortable looking past the Bucs. Winston won't finish the game. Be it by injury due to all the hits he takes, or him having one of his classic implosion games. They don't have Travis Kelce or Tyreek Hill, we'll shut them down. It will look a lot like the Falcons & Titans games imo. 

Plus Ryan Jensen will rack up so many penalties trying to prove how "tough" he is against his former team, that they'll have more flag yardage than actual. 

If you want a laugh, go look in their forum at how much Bucs fans hate Jensen. 

Are we all forgetting how helpless this defense looked against the Raiders and Bengals? Just because the Bucs don't have the firepower of the 3-man show that is KC doesn't mean they can't move the ball on us and score points.

I didn't get to watch this game yesterday as I was on a flight, but rewatched a recording of it this afternoon. So, I knew what was going to happen on a near drive by drive basis. I had read the takeaways that this was the same old unclutch Ravens, and the takeaways that the team should feel good about playing the Chiefs so well. But, my real takeaway was that that game was so FUN. I thought that was great matchup. Really if we play like that over the next 3 weeks we'll be in the playoffs. The only thing I worry about is that we brought out A+ game and got that result against a B effort of an elite team. W's are what matter and we didn't get that, but still controlling our fate, we have to bring that same effort over the final 3 games.

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I didn't get to watch this game yesterday as I was on a flight, but rewatched a recording of it this afternoon. So, I knew what was going to happen on a near drive by drive basis. I had read the takeaways that this was the same old unclutch Ravens, and the takeaways that the team should feel good about playing the Chiefs so well. But, my real takeaway was that that game was so FUN. I thought that was great matchup. Really if we play like that over the next 3 weeks we'll be in the playoffs. The only thing I worry about is that we brought out A+ game and got that result against a B effort of an elite team. W's are what matter and we didn't get that, but still controlling our fate, we have to bring that same effort over the final 3 games.

I actually didn't think we brought our A-game. Had we brought our A-game, we would have converted those missed opportunities. We wouldn't have committed so many penalties. But I believe if we bring a similar effort we will be able to win 2 out of 3 in the next couple of games.

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bucs are a team that's falling apart, but their passing attack is one of the best in the league and they can sling the rock up and down the field. I have zero confidence in this defense to defend that for 60 minutes unless Tim Williams is back and providing a pass rush for us.

I don't know if that means much considering you've never had confidence in this team/defense/etc. in any condition or circumstance.

Archived