GDT Week 14: Baltimore Ravens vs Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Bull- if that were us that’s a penalty. The refs have decided this game. They couldn’t go a drive without calling a penalty on our offense. They let Kansas City play, they couldn’t let us do the same. This crew needs to be fired.

You could easily put together a comparison video of plays that were called on us vs not called on them.

Refs have been on overdrive against us this year.

Just all around depressing. Much less depressing to lose in OT vs losing on that Lamar fumble, but it is what it is. The end result is still the same. And literally every other wild card team won too, so yeah, we have our work cut out for us the rest of the season. And to further complicate matters, the QB controversy lives.

We need to talk about the leader of this defense. Wink lost us the game. He summoned his inner Rex Ryan and while our defense was fresh and applying massive pressure on the Chiefs, he decided to drop our guys into coverage and give Mahomes ALL DAY to pass on 4th and 19. If he blitzes on that play, we speed up Mahomes clock and he’s forced to complete one of those rinky dank passes to his RB in the flats or throw a prayer. He was the only coach to play passive and that lost us the football game.

1 minute ago, berlin calling said:

gave them all they could handle. can't be too angry, rookie mistake basically cost them this game. 8 will have to learn pocket and situational awareness. D played fine against a top offense.

The defense literally lost us this game with the final drive in regulation. Lamar's rookie mistake cost us the game after that, but the defense couldn't do basic **** on 4th down.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

We need to talk about the leader of this defense. Wink lost us the game. He summoned his inner Rex Ryan and while our defense was fresh and applying massive pressure on the Chiefs, he decided to drop our guys into coverage and give Mahomes ALL DAY to pass on 4th and 19. If he blitzes on that play, we speed up Mahomes clock and he’s forced to complete one of those rinky dank passes to his RB in the flats or throw a prayer. He was the only coach to play passive and that lost us the football game.

The conversions  here are not Winks fault imo. Shoddy tackling and horrendous awareness on the back end.

But yeah I agree with everyone else here, there is a mentality problem with this defense. Nobody wants to step up and make the play when it matters. We have zero killer instinct or drive to close out games. I don't care what anyone SAYS during the week (looking at Weddle), when it comes time for us to make the final stop, we can't do it. We get beat every time. That's not coaching, that's mentality and leadership on defense and we have none of that.

There’s no QB controversy in my eyes. Controlling TOP limited the Chiefs ability to put up points in the third quarter and Lamar hit throws. Even with RG3 we saw massive amounts of pressure. Flacco isn’t going in there and magically hitting  receivers that aren’t open. He isn’t magically evading sacks. And with us passing the ball 40-50 times a game under Flacco, no way are we anymore successful in this game with that style of play. We already saw just how easily this defense gets gassed. Lowering our TOP to give them more time to rest, would’ve only made things worse.

I was too early to praise Winks defense, but again, I can't see where he actually messed up? It seems the last TD the Chiefs got they knew what he would do, but those long 3 and 4 conversions I think where spot on. We just somehow doesn't have the players to finish in those situations and somehow weddle look out of position every time. For all he offers, it seems he is too slow to be the game changer a player like Ed Reed was.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

There’s no QB controversy in my eyes. Controlling TOP limited the Chiefs ability to put up points in the third quarter and Lamar hit throws. Even with RG3 we saw massive amounts of pressure. Flacco isn’t going in there and magically hitting  receivers that aren’t open. He isn’t magically evading sacks. And with us passing the ball 40-50 times a game under Flacco, no way are we anymore successful in this game with that style of play. We already saw just how easily this defense gets gassed. Lowering our TOP to give them more time to rest, would’ve only made things worse.

Amen. Lamar took the best team in the AFC and basically won us the game before the defense choked it all away on 4th down. I don't believe Flacco would've done that.

Archived