Is this a scam?

Manny/Patrick

8 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Is it worth it? 

No, goodness no. They offer you free stuff for a "90 minute presentation" which quickly turns into a 3.5 hour hard sell where they ask you to pay a ton of money to reserve a spot at a nice hotel/resort, then to pay to use the reservation whenever you go, then you pay monthly maintenance fees, then the salesperson throws subtle insults at you when you've said no at least 10 times...not worth the time, you sit there and dream about leaving, etc...

I was actually on one this weekend while on vacation. I knew what I was getting into, but it was still equal parts annoying and frustrating.

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

No, goodness no. They offer you free stuff for a "90 minute presentation" which quickly turns into a 3.5 hour hard sell where they ask you to pay a ton of money to reserve a spot at a nice hotel/resort, then to pay to use the reservation whenever you go, then you pay monthly maintenance fees, then the salesperson throws subtle insults at you when you've said no at least 10 times...not worth the time, you sit there and dream about leaving, etc...

I was actually on one this weekend while on vacation. I knew what I was getting into, but it was still equal parts annoying and frustrating.

Last time i was in Gatlinburg I was hoping to be accosted by one of these guys just for the experience of it.  It never happened.  Guess i didn't look gullible enough.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, ET80 said:

My wife and her friend signed up for something like this last year at the state fair. Supposedly 90 minutes that turned into 3-4 hours...They wanted her to pay $75 and after the session we get $250 but they wouldn't let my wife get the money if she came without me but she went for her friend and her husband. It was really freakin shady.

First she had to get into this woman's car that she had never met and be driven around the complex for like an hr-90 minutes

Constant sales pitches, went to several buildings. Her driver said she has been doing this for a while but "you could be my first sale"...nice try lady

Get to another building and they pitch you a number lower than the previous, finally when you THINK you are all done they'll multiply the last number you heard by like 30-40% so it looks like its a big steal...its not

My wife's friend got the $250 though and split it with my wife for coming. It's a scam. If you've seen the episode of South Park regarding timeshares its pretty much spot on

I had a woman barrel through some swinging double doors, nearly tumbling out onto the sidewalk to ask me if I wanted a tour of a place and quick presentation for a free room. The panic and desperation in her eyes was truly terrifying. I've never seen that from someone who wasn't in a crisis. 

You should do it, maybe they're desperate and you're their only hope. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, ET80 said:

No, goodness no. They offer you free stuff for a "90 minute presentation" which quickly turns into a 3.5 hour

Sounds like it would be fun to go to and just put on your best impression of a "customer is always right/can I speak to your manager" and threaten to call the police at this point. These people are scamming people so you can harass them and treat them very poorly without actually being a jerkface for it, get out all your anger and stress.

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Sounds like it would be fun to go to and just put on your best impression of a "customer is always right/can I speak to your manager" and threaten to call the police at this point.

What in god's name are the police gonna do? They're not holding you hostage lol You just get up and leave. 

This is like those whale watchers calling the police when the whale got too close lol 

But I do like the idea of making their jobs more difficult. I'd show up for the tour and presentation covered head to toe in table syrup. "OK, we're taking your car, right?

48 minutes ago, Dome said:

What in god's name are the police gonna do?

They would probably consider arresting you for calling them for a non-emergency. But that's why you just throw around threats with no actions.

It's about ruining a scammer's day by being the worst person they've interacted with all year, not about actually doing anything.

51 minutes ago, Dome said:

This is like those whale watchers calling the police when the whale got too close lol 

I'm gonna need a source on this one for the lulz.

Archived