Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

*heaviest eyeroll imaginable*

Thats alot easier said than done. And it was more of a comment on the film industry in general; All trailers show too much stuff, and there are way too many of them. Honestly when we got a new x-men movie, and all we ever saw was cuts of visuals of the new actors playing our main characters, a title card that said X-Men, then a date, and absolutely nothing else... That would build so much buzz and anticipation, much more than the 5th, 6th and 7th teaser/trailer/sneak peak would.

I mean...not really. Don't click. Sounds like a "you" problem mate. There a lot of trailers and stuff now more than ever. Doesn't mean you have to watch them. 

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I mean...not really. Don't click. Sounds like a "you" problem mate. There a lot of trailers and stuff now more than ever. Doesn't mean you have to watch them. 

Except the fact that Endgame trailers played roughly 8000 times durring March Madness on Live TV?  

Regardless youre either missing or ignoring my point.

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Except the fact that Endgame trailers played roughly 8000 times durring March Madness on Live TV?  

Regardless your either missing or ignoring my point.

Ok? One or two TV spots (not trailers) isn't showing too much. Get over it. 

I understand your point. I just don't agree with the bellyaching. You're posting in this thread even. Again, you have a fair amount of control in terms of what you're exposed to. 

The Russo bothers and Kevin Feige have even stated the material in the trailers and promotions is only within the first 20 minutes of the film or so. 

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree that the movie industry as a whole over promotes and releases too much ahead of time but in the case of the GMA thing(I haven't watched it and won't), it's definitely a you problem. 

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I usually get bit by social media.  Autoplay on Facebook or Twitter just starting it up as i'm scrolling.  Can't.....look........away......

Going full social media blackout 4/25 at 6pm until that Sunday at 3pm when I walk out of the theater.

Where could they really go with new heroes? 

It just seems odd to me the thought of the MCU not having Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.  Those ones seem like such staples that the MCU would feel like it's got a big ole hole in it without them.  Especially Tony Stark. 

Thinking about it, Captain America seems like the most expendable of those big three.  Hulk also seems expendable.  I still think they need one "Superman" level character, so I have to think Thor makes it through the end of Endgame. 

I know the X-Men are going to be joining the MCU, so it's possible, probably even probable that the big bads shift over to major X-Men arcs (Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, etc) with former MCU characters showing up to help, but the MCU probably still needs a figurehead for its own arcs, and I have a hard time seeing that being Dr. Strange. 

Also, are there any Marvel characters expected to be added to the current lineup other than mutant characters? 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Where could they really go with new heroes? 

It just seems odd to me the thought of the MCU not having Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.  Those ones seem like such staples that the MCU would feel like it's got a big ole hole in it without them.  Especially Tony Stark. 

Thinking about it, Captain America seems like the most expendable of those big three.  Hulk also seems expendable.  I still think they need one "Superman" level character, so I have to think Thor makes it through the end of Endgame. 

I know the X-Men are going to be joining the MCU, so it's possible, probably even probable that the big bads shift over to major X-Men arcs (Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, etc) with former MCU characters showing up to help, but the MCU probably still needs a figurehead for its own arcs, and I have a hard time seeing that being Dr. Strange. 

Also, are there any Marvel characters expected to be added to the current lineup other than mutant characters? 

My guess is that Thor will still be in the MCU off screen, wherever the new Asgard gets set up, and the big 3-4 for the next phase are Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther.

The Money/Innovator = Stark = Black Panther
OP Heavy Hitter = Thor = Captain Marvel
Soul of the Team = Captain America = Spider-Man
Voice of experience and reason = Fury = Strange

Eh, I just can't see Black Panther being a primary player.  I feel like he's gonna be centered more around Wakanda than global stuff.  And I could be wrong.  I obviously don't know anything about his comic book villains or where his comics take him, so insight in that would be appreciated. 

I am 100% convinced one of Thor/Captain America/Iron Man will survive Endgame, probably 2.  Thor I see as a lock to survive. 

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Eh, I just can't see Black Panther being a primary player.  I feel like he's gonna be centered more around Wakanda than global stuff.  And I could be wrong.  I obviously don't know anything about his comic book villains or where his comics take him, so insight in that would be appreciated. 

I am 100% convinced one of Thor/Captain America/Iron Man will survive Endgame, probably 2.  Thor I see as a lock to survive. 

Black Panther is the richest man in the world.  Something like 100x more rich than Tony Stark.  His sister is also a genius who is the worlds foremost authority on vibranium (perhaps when they bring the X-Men in they'll call an alloy based of vibranium adamantium).  Kind of breaks Tony Stark down over 2 characters and the entire end of the first Black Panther was about him branching Wakanda out into the world, and BP is a long time Avengers member in the comics.  Given how successful the first movie was and the characters history in the comics, I absolutely see him as a primary player in phase 4 and probably phase 5, at least for all things Earth related.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Black Panther is the richest man in the world.  Something like 100x more rich than Tony Stark.  His sister is also a genius who is the worlds foremost authority on vibranium (perhaps when they bring the X-Men in they'll call an alloy based of vibranium adamantium).  Kind of breaks Tony Stark down over 2 characters and the entire end of the first Black Panther was about him branching Wakanda out into the world, and BP is a long time Avengers member in the comics.  Given how successful the first movie was and the characters history in the comics, I absolutely see him as a primary player in phase 4 and probably phase 5, at least for all things Earth related.

Who are BP’s main villains? Kilmonger and Klaw are dead so I really don’t know anyone else. 

53 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Who are BP’s main villains? Kilmonger and Klaw are dead so I really don’t know anyone else. 

Even more of reason to tie him closer to a leadership role in The Avengers so he can piggy back off those storylines.  I expect BP2 will still have closer ties to Wakanda, but I bet BP3 is closer to Civil War in terms of a plot that doesn't necessarily have to be tied to the characters origins.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I did a little research and here's what I found..

Klaw and Kilmonger are dead like you mentioned, Zemo is another one but he was dealt with in Civil War so that's 3 main villains that are gone right off the bat. Then you have Man Ape who was introduced in the first Black Panther as M'Baku so he's the next likely villain.

The most interesting prospect though is White Wolf who we now know is Bucky. From comicbook.com, "In the comics, this anti-hero [White Wolf] is the adopted white brother of T'Challa. He was raised by T'Chaka after his parents crashed in Wakanda and is incredibly loyal to the state." Though in the MCU he wasn't rasied by T'chaka, it would still make sense for Bucky to be loyal to Wakanda for healing his mind after Hydra controlled it for so long and restoring his vibranium cybernetic prosthetic arm. It goes on, "his dedication to militancy leads him into conflict with his stepbrother as they believe very different actions will protect Wakanda. It makes for a conflict that's much more complex than the standard oppositional nature of hero and villain." I could see them paralleling that story line with the one from Civil War, but I think that could end up being kinda dumb since it'll be somewhat of a retread. A Bucky vs. T'Challa movie would be really good though imo, especially since they had beef going back to Civil War.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

My guess is that Thor will still be in the MCU off screen, wherever the new Asgard gets set up, and the big 3-4 for the next phase are Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther.

The Money/Innovator = Stark = Black Panther
OP Heavy Hitter = Thor = Captain Marvel
Soul of the Team = Captain America = Spider-Man
Voice of experience and reason = Fury = Strange

Bucky becomes the new Cap just like in the comics.

Maybe they introduce RiRi Williams as Ironheart.

Maybe they use the Jane Foster/Thor storyline where she gets sick and wields a/the hammer to stave off the cancer.

Maybe Falcon becomes Cap just like in the comics.

Maybe the girl we see in the trailer is Kate Bishop (or Hawkeye’s daughter) who takes over the mantle.

There are plenty of options to bridge the gap between Endgame and a reboot. 

Archived