Should Zimmer be on the hot seat? And is Spielman gone?

Countstuku

19 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

You don’t think Bill Belichick could win with this team?

I do not.

Unless he can create a more turnover orientated defense to score, I think the line and QB play are too much to overcome.

Over time, i think he'd be able to assemble a squad. But if given this one team and season? I do not.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He won more games than he lost in ‘18, and we’re only a quarter of the way through this season. 

Ahhh i forgot that playoff appearance last year... Ya know when we showed up and killed the bears at home to get the wild card.

But these aren't emotion responses. It's discussion. I've yet to call for Zimmer's head but to say it shouldn't be thought about if Zimmer can't make the playoffs this season is ignoring the situation. Don't know how that's an emotional response???

It's fine that you're happy that Zimmer is simply getting more wins than loses without playoffs. I bet you Zygi isn't fine with it.

59 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I do not.

Unless he can create a more turnover orientated defense to score, I think the line and QB play are too much to overcome.

Over time, i think he'd be able to assemble a squad. But if given this one team and season? I do not.

He would at least make the post season imo

Too good of a defense and too many skill players for Belichick to not win 9 games.

He’d also grow tired of Cousin’s mistakes and probably sign some free agent QB to come in and be serviceable.  I think we would make the playoffs but we wouldn’t go anywhere. 

Edited by Torchezim

But he's not in the playoffs every year. So I don't know how you can say that. If they miss again this year, it's not even half the time. You've never once seen me, or anyone, suggest he has to be parcells or fired. That's a straw man.

Also, and since this is entertainment, they can often be downright unwatchable at times. 

If they made the playoffs consistently, this would be different.....

I don't think Zimmer is on the same level as Belichick or Sean Payton, but I really struggle to see a situation where you fire him and bring in someone that is better. The chances are MUCH greater that you end up with another string of bad/mediocre coaches like Tice, Childress and Frasier. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Really!? The games against Seattle and New Orleans weren’t competitive?

I'd wiped that Seattle game from my mind.... My bad. The New Orleans game was pure luck, but they were in it. So, my bad. Doesn't change that he's only made it twice, with a supposedly loaded roster. 

If they don't make it this year, what changes next year? The same QB and backward offensive scheme will be here. 

In the end, this team has dominated at home 2 games and been dominated on the road 2 games.  I'm letting most of it play out until I come to any conclusion.  They were 2-2 at this point in 2017 too, and only lost 1 game after that.  3 out of their next 4 games are vs. the NFC East, which as far as I'm concerned, is a far worse division than the North and only the Eagles of those 3 have a decent run defense.  If they are 5-3 after these 4 games, I think they'll be fine.  While it's certainly not ideal to have lost both division games thus far, they still have a chance to redeem themselves considering they'll face the same teams at home in December.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't think Zimmer is on the same level as Belichick or Sean Payton, but I really struggle to see a situation where you fire him and bring in someone that is better. The chances are MUCH greater that you end up with another string of bad/mediocre coaches like Tice, Childress and Frasier. 

I wonder if Zygi ever looks around the league and sees these young coaches and thinks "Maybe that's what we need...."

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

You wouldn't want to make the playoffs 6 times in 7 years?

And worth noting, Mike Zimmer already has more playoff wins than Marvin Lewis.

I think you get the comparison.  Lewis was also a "winning" coach, but I don't think a Bengals-level should be the standard of success.

And worth noting, Zimmer has a playoff win (singular), not wins (plural).

I've been calling for Spielman to get canned for 3 years now.  He has never found a solid QB in his career. Maybe if Teddy doesn't get hurt, that changes. I don't know. Facts are Facts though.

He gave Cousins and Barr ridiculous contracts that forced us to penny pinch other areas of the team. Held on to Waynes thinking he could trade him. That hasn't happened. He's like a bad fantasy owner hording the market hoping someone gets desperate.

• Like 1