Who's better right now: Dallas Cowboys or Chicago Bears?

mdonnelly21

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who's currently the better team?

• Chicago Bears
    • Dallas Cowboys

I’ll take the Bears. Both defenses are obviously playing extremely well, but I think the Bears D is a little better. Similar gap between the Dallas O and Bears O but the coaching ultimately swings things in the Cowboys favor. 

In a H2H on a neutral field, I ultimately give it to Chicago because they score on defense and IMO that’d be the difference in a low scoring, defensive battle.

Would be a low-scoring affair with the winner being decided by the turnover battle.  Dak loves him a bowl of fumble-iya but Trubisky appears color-blind at times and throws to the wrong jerseys.  As far as coaching, Linehan and Garrett coach scared and conservative, that's true.  But they're very comfortable in close games. This game would be right up their alley for once.  They don't have guts, but they don't take risky chances that often either. Patient...scared...but mainly patient. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think both defenses are playing great, but I simply cannot trust the Cowboys offense more than the Bears offense. As much as Trubiski and Mahomes suck, I am 100% more confident that Matt Nagy can scheme around those deficiencies moreso than whoever the hell is calling plays for 

Huh?

Not sure why people keep saying the Bears ST's are better than the Cowboys. Our ST's have been a joke as a whole.

@Calvert28 The Bears defense is on a whole nother level man. The Cowboys defense is good but the Bears defense are great--and I mean historically great. Which is a very hard thing to do during a year when offenses and QB's are breaking records.

This is isn't just me making a hyperbole statement or being a homer either. Both the numbers and eye test confirm this.

18 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I think both Dallas and Chicago knock both the Saints and Rams off. 

You know in starting to feel like that happen as well.  It's really hard to win in the dome in January tho.  So idk, but yeah it's starting to feel like the 2 stud defenses are better than the 2 stud offenses.

19 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Your contribution to the thread is blowing my mind right now.

I mean he is right to laugh though.

Dallas defense is very good, but Chicago's defense might be historic. 

You know in starting to feel like that happen as well.  It's really hard to win in the dome in January tho.  So idk, but yeah it's starting to feel like the 2 stud defenses are better than the 2 stud offenses.

I only see one of them doing it. And my money would be on the Bears. 

Amari Cooper has been the most productive WR in the league since joining the Cowboys, and Ezekiel Elliott leads the league in rushing.

Think some are underselling the Cowboys offense, that's as potent a RB/WR combo in the league.  It's how they're playing now that matters, not the first half of the season.  Regardless of what you think you know about Dak Prescott, they just piled up 600 yards of offense against a top 10 defense.

3 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Question Chicago fans: Outside of Long is your team missing any starters right now?

Callahan apparently broke his foot last night.  We missed Shaheen most of the season.  Dion Sims is on IR but most of us wouldnt consider that a loss.  We've had some big injuries, but other than long nothing has been too long term.

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Callahan apparently broke his foot last night.  We missed Shaheen most of the season.  Dion Sims is on IR but most of us wouldnt consider that a loss.  We've had some big injuries, but other than long nothing has been too long term.

That’s probably a big advantage going forward 

Archived