Who's better right now: Dallas Cowboys or Chicago Bears?

mdonnelly21

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who's currently the better team?

• Chicago Bears
    • Dallas Cowboys

4 hours ago, game3525 said:

I mean he is right to laugh though.

Dallas defense is very good, but Chicago's defense might be historic. 

Yep, I pointed this out Sunday night in the GDT.

The Bears defense are currently ranked 7th all-time going all the way back to 1989 (925 teams).

Top 30 ranked teams
scWkvPI.png

For comparison sake, Dallas' defense is currently tied with for 236th with 6 other teams.

1989 BUF -6.80% 236
1996 OAK -6.80% 236
2001 PIT -6.80% 236
2007 DAL -6.80% 236
2013 TB -6.80% 236
2016 SD -6.80% 236
2018 DAL -6.80% 236

3 hours ago, TheFinisher said:

Amari Cooper has been the most productive WR in the league since joining the Cowboys, and Ezekiel Elliott leads the league in rushing.

Think some are underselling the Cowboys offense, that's as potent a RB/WR combo in the league.  It's how they're playing now that matters, not the first half of the season.  Regardless of what you think you know about Dak Prescott, they just piled up 600 yards of offense against a top 10 defense.

Philly is not a top 10 defense. They are more like a bottom 10 defense.

I think Dallas has a slightly better offense just because of that O-line, Zeke and Cooper, but it's close.

ST teams for Bears hasn't been great but also hasn't been bad outside of the Pats game and Cody Parkey having a couple really bad games, so that's a toss up?

Bears defense and coaching wins. 

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I think Dallas has a slightly better offense just because of that O-line, Zeke and Cooper, but it's close.

ST teams for Bears hasn't been great but also hasn't been bad outside of the Pats game and Cody Parkey having a couple really bad games, so that's a toss up?

Bears defense and coaching wins. 

I've got the QB's as a tie right now.  Like you said, the Dallas O-line, Zeke, and Cooper give them the edge over the Bears.

I'll take your word for it on the special teams.

Coaching was the biggest deciding factor.  Give me Nagy over "The Clapper" every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Finally, it will never happen, but I think Ditka could take on this entire Dallas team by himself and get the W.  ;)

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm not sure this is at all relevant considering they are two incredibly different offenses.

One is one of the top offenses in the league coached by one of the brightest young coaches.

The other is the cowboys.

Fangio decimated a McVay game plan and play calling. It holds that he would decimate a much more inferior play caller and game planner.

23 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yep, I pointed this out Sunday night in the GDT.

The Bears defense are currently ranked 7th all-time going all the way back to 1989 (925 teams).

Top 30 ranked teams
scWkvPI.png

For comparison sake, Dallas' defense is currently tied with for 236th with 6 other teams.

1989 BUF -6.80% 236
1996 OAK -6.80% 236
2001 PIT -6.80% 236
2007 DAL -6.80% 236
2013 TB -6.80% 236
2016 SD -6.80% 236
2018 DAL -6.80% 236

First of all, I agree that the Bears are definitely hands down better than the Cowboys.

But what’s this DVOA about and how does it have the 2004 Bills and 2012 Bears over the likes of the 2000 Ravens, 2000 Titans, 2013 Seahawks, and 2015 Broncos for example?

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

One is one of the top offenses in the league coached by one of the brightest young coaches.

Fangio decimated a McVay game plan and play calling. It holds that he would decimate a much more inferior play caller and game planner.

So what does it say when it say when we decimated a Sean Payton offense? 

Any given Sunday?

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

First of all, I agree that the Bears are definitely hands down better than the Cowboys.

But what’s this DVOA about and how does it have the 2004 Bills and 2012 Bears over the likes of the 2000 Ravens, 2000 Titans, 2013 Seahawks, and 2015 Broncos for example?

Just a calculated metric that says they are great except they are still trying to make the playoffs like the Cowboys. This same Bears team that could barely beat Sam Bradford and a OC that got fired before half the season was over. Gave up over 30 to 3 different including a loss to the Giants who dropped one of those 30 point games on them. And another 6 teams who made it past 20 on the scoreboard. 

But supposedly these guys are historic. And they are supposedly better then a 2000 Ravens defense that surrendered 20+ points only 3 times that season. And kept the majority of their opponents to under 10 points a game. Its bullsh!t. 

Like me trying to use these stats to say we must be the greatest comeback team of all time. 

https://twitter.com/BobbyBeltTX/status/1072157857112576001?s=20

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

That’s a false equivalency, and it’s not how the NFL works. Just because McVay applied the wrong gameplan to attack Chicago doesn’t mean it’s assumed every other OC in the league will follow suit.

Archived