MNF GDT: Minnesota at Seattle

Malfatron

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jeff Tripplette is an idiot, guys. Here is the text of the rule:

The only question here is whether or not Wagner used his teammates to gain leverage, which I don't think he did but it's arguable. The whole "he was within a yard" thing is completely legal.

Is it leverage or is it touching? There’s zero doubt his hands were on his team mates.

The only question here is whether or not Wagner used his teammates to gain leverage, which I don't think he did but it's arguable. The whole "he was within a yard" thing is completely legal.

That's not what Triplette said. He specifically said leverage, which Wagner clearly did use.  It's a moo point tho

His teammates had hands on the shoulders of the longsnapper and he had hands on the shoulders of his teammates.  I'd say he used them for leverage.  The only technicality I could really see them getting off on is that they weren't lined up directly over the LS, but even then, not calling that flies in the face of the spirit of the rule.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

His teammates had hands on the shoulders of the longsnapper and he had hands on the shoulders of his teammates.  I'd say he used them for leverage.  The only technicality I could really see them getting off on is that they weren't lined up directly over the LS, but even then, not calling that flies in the face of the spirit of the rule.

IIRC, the original rule was designed so you couldn't come sprinting up and leaping over like Kam Chancellor used to.

Archived