This team needs a 2nd round WR/TE/RB or equivalent FA

skibrett15

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Offensive line is fine.  Team already has a good offensive line.  Put the late/mid rounders there this year, try to stay a little healthier at G, and we are fine.  This line blocked for the 3rd or 4th best rushing attack in the NFL, and we have great to good pass blockers in bak, bulaga and linsley.  Taylor is more than "fine" and what of the elite OLs doesn't have a mediocre G?

Defense is like trying to throw patching material on a hull breach.  It needs a total restructure.  The single best move this team can make which moves the needle is a playmaker at the skill position.  It doesn't have to be a WR, it's doesn't have to be a TE, it doesn't have to be a RB.

The O-line is not fine. We will have to agree to disagree on this. I have seen too much pressure up the middle. Rodgers cannot step up into the pocket. When he retreats instead, it puts pressure on the tackles. They can't run their man around behind the QB. The pressure up the middle has to get fixed. RG needs a major upgrade. LG needs a minor upgrade. Maybe Siragusa is a piece to this puzzle. Maybe we need to invest a 4th DP in a G too. But coming back next year with the same O-line would be a bad idea. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SSG said:

Given that KC  is averaging 10 points fewer per game since the loss of Hunt, they aren't "just fine".  

They played a couple of really good teams and desperate teams too. It's tough to put that just on Hunt. The Chargers are a top 10 D and i believe the Ravens are dam good on D too.

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Offensive line is fine.  Team already has a good offensive line.  Put the late/mid rounders there this year, try to stay a little healthier at G, and we are fine.  This line blocked for the 3rd or 4th best rushing attack in the NFL, and we have great to good pass blockers in bak, bulaga and linsley.  Taylor is more than "fine" and what of the elite OLs doesn't have a mediocre G?

Defense is like trying to throw patching material on a hull breach.  It needs a total restructure.  The single best move this team can make which moves the needle is a playmaker at the skill position.  It doesn't have to be a WR, it's doesn't have to be a TE, it doesn't have to be a RB.

Our OL is not fine overall; we have NO depth.  Center and left side are good; right guard and right tackle need help badly.  Bulaga is a nice player when healthy but he can't stay healthy; his body is breaking down .... period.  We need upgrade at right guard and right tackle whether its free agency or the draft or combo of both.   It can not stay the same as it is now.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think Rodgers is a QB who can turn mediocre players into an efficient offense.  He can make them look ok... but the offense will suffer.  He'll hold the ball if the doesn't believe in them, which makes the overall product suffer even if the y/t or individual production of those WRs is ok. 

I do think he can unlock the potential of good or great receivers and turn them into something better than any other quarterback can, because of his big play ability.

The recipe with Rodgers is good WRs who he trusts.  I don't see a reason to build the team any differently.

The defense is too many hops away; that's a 2-3 year plan which probably doesn't include Mike Daniels long term.

A couple of Edge rushers in a draft deep with them, and a FA safety and the defense will be good enough. The problem isn't on the defensive side of the ball. We need another B-level vet WR (A-level would be better), a TE, a lead dog RB, and some help on the O-line for starters (see my earlier post). MACA = Make Aaron Comfortable Again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Agree build that D and let AR play with who he gets. Maybe once in the last decade we can have a top 10 or better yet top 5 D that shuts teams down and we don't need to outscore anyone.

Haven't we been building said defense for the last 4 years?  How many 1st or 2nd or 3rd round picks were spent on offense in those years?  2 of the 12 players selected in the first 3 rounds over the last 4 drafts.  I'd bet that there isn't a team in the league that has invested more in their top picks on their defense than Green Bay has over the last 4 years.  

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

A couple of Edge rushers in a draft deep with them, and a FA safety and the defense will be good enough. The problem isn't on the defensive side of the ball. We need another B-level vet WR (A-level would be better), a TE, a lead dog RB, and some help on the O-line for starters (see my earlier post). MACA = Make Aaron Comfortable Again. 

Think we're fine at RB.  Aaron Jones is a dynamic starting caliber RB.  He needs to work on his receiving because he's mediocre at it but he's as good of a runner as there is in the league.  Elite vision, elite acceleration and elite balance.  

Just now, SSG said:

Think we're fine at RB.  Aaron Jones is a dynamic starting caliber RB.  He needs to work on his receiving because he's mediocre at it but he's as good of a runner as there is in the league.  Elite vision, elite acceleration and elite balance.  

Yes, he is extremely talented, but he gets nicked up. I would like him as a change of pace back. We need a lead dog. Think Saints.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Haven't we been building said defense for the last 4 years?  How many 1st or 2nd or 3rd round picks were spent on offense in those years?  2 of the 12 players selected in the first 3 rounds over the last 4 drafts.  I'd bet that there isn't a team in the league that has invested more in their top picks on their defense than Green Bay has over the last 4 years.  

As many as it takes.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Yes, he is extremely talented, but he gets nicked up. I would like him as a change of pace back. We need a lead dog. Think Saints.

Think he's better than that.  When comparing our situation to that of the Saints, he's closer to Mark Ingram than Alvin Kamara IMO.  Athletically and size wise he's a clone of Kamara but AK41 is in a different world as a receiver.  

Just now, SSG said:

Think he's better than that.  When comparing our situation to that of the Saints, he's closer to Mark Ingram than Alvin Kamara IMO.  Athletically and size wise he's a clone of Kamara but AK41 is in a different world as a receiver.  

No argument with that. Just would like two like the Saints have. Williams just doesn't do it for me.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

One could argue that we've hit better on the offensive side of the ball and have more talent there. For as much as i liked TT he whiffed on the Dside of the ball alot or since the CM3 and Raji draft. I mean with that said look what that draft did for the defense? So get a couple hi end studs if they hit and with some sprinkles of FA guys we're good to go. We have a number of DB's. If we can't play defense at a high level don't worry about SB's we won't be in one.

"Our Oline is fine despite Rodgers having body parts snapping annually."

From the American Institute of Mental Wellness:

This can be officially diagnosed as CJ Spiller Syndrome. It's an incurable disease affecting the frontal lobe of the brain. The official cause is prolonged blindness to Packer fans eyes by twinkling, shiny, sparkling, objects such as RB's and WR's come draft time. Reasoning is temporarily impaired, but prolonged exposure can cause a permanent condition. It is highly contagious. One should distance themselves from those infected as you don't want to fall under the same illusionary trance; leading to the grave condition stated above. Beheading at dawn has been discussed by the US Government to eradicate and stop the spread of this terrible disease.

For just $29.95 / month, sent to my Paypal, you can symbolically adopt one of these poor victims, as we search for a cure. This offer won't last long. Sign up today 

Edited by cannondale