SaNF Week 15: CLE @ DEN GDT

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't understand why NFL teams do that year after year. Keenum had a long history of being a journeyman. Make him sign a one year deal and prove it again.

Elway had a fantastic 2018 draft because we picked early, and because he had such an awful 2017 disaster (and has really struggled Rd1 for 3-4 years and Rd2 since forever after 2011), he changed the draft methodology to incorporate both metrics and actual football skills over just pure physical tools (his big weakness, he'd reach hard 1-2 rounds too soon for these all-tool no-skill freaks).   Point being, he realized his methodology had to change.  Elway admitted as much the day after the draft was over, and indicated they'd be using more metrics in their draft analysis for future years. It's what gives us a ton of hope for future drafts.

Why do I mention all of that?  It's because whatever methods he uses for QB evaluation, hopefully he'll do a complete overhaul.  Because whatever methods he and Gary Kubiak used to evaluate Keenum (and Lynch/Siemian, and Brock Osweiler before that), it should be completely tossed out and torched.    Hopefully they see that after the horror show of this year.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Elway had a fantastic 2018 draft because we picked early, and because he had such an awful 2017 disaster (and has really struggled Rd1 for 3-4 years and Rd2 since forever after 2011), he changed the draft methodology to incorporate both metrics and actual football skills over just pure physical tools (his big weakness, he'd reach hard 1-2 rounds too soon for these all-tool no-skill freaks).   Point being, he realized his methodology had to change.  Elway admitted as much the day after the draft was over, and indicated they'd be using more metrics in their draft analysis for future years. It's what gives us a ton of hope for future drafts.

Why do I mention all of that?  It's because whatever methods he uses for QB evaluation, hopefully he'll do a complete overhaul.  Because whatever methods he and Gary Kubiak used to evaluate Keenum (and Lynch/Siemian, and Brock Osweiler before that), it should be completely tossed out and torched.    Hopefully they see that after the horror show of this year.

They should use my methodology of no Case Keenums as your starter.

Archived