SaNF Week 15: CLE @ DEN GDT

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

All collision sports around the world are amending their rules / laws to incorporate player safety. It's just the way it is in the CTE era... Players just need to refine their tackling technique to an art, rather than doing this human torpedo crap. If he keeps his head up, he makes a correct tackle. 

Just to be clear, I'm all for protecting players. I don't however, support the NFL for using it as an excuse to put defenses at a bigger disadvantage just for profit.

But I digress.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Just to be clear, I'm all for protecting players. I don't however, support the NFL for using it as an excuse to put defenses at a bigger disadvantage just for profit.

But I digress.

They have rules protecting defensive players. For example, the rule where you can't hit the QB in the helmet. Have you ever smacked a helmet? It hurts your hand.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

But I digress.

Agreed. And, I'm glad many games this month have exhibited great defense. I sure as hell don't want to see the Chiefs @ Rams MNF 100 combined pointer become the norm... But, that tackle was just straight poor technique. Hit hard, but do it correctly. 

Archived