Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

6 hours ago, germ-x said:

Obviously every year there is inflation, but that is insane.  

Same source just texted me, Jets final offer is $14m per year. Denver not willing to go that high, but Paradis is at home with his family discussing whether to go to NY or take a small discount to stay in Denver. 

I really like the  Kareem Jackson signing. He's an excellent tackler and a really high football IQ DB. With our pass rush and Fangio's pressure concepts, I think a player like him who loves to read routes is a great fit. The age is concerning, but the guaranteed money will be paid in 2 years I imagine.

I don't know anything about James at RT. It's a lottttttt of money that is going to take 3 years to pay, so Elway best be sure. Chris Kuper has been working as an assistant OL Coach in Miami for 3 years so he should know James pretty well.

With the way this market is going, there is no way we re-sign Roby or Paradis unless they take major paycuts. The former is going to get an outrageous contract in my opinion. 1st round pedigree, young, with some good tape out there - could see him getting something like 4 years, $50 million with $30 million in guarantees. That's a huge gamble and one we surely won't take (especially with Jackson signed).

14 minutes ago, French Fan said:

With these 2 moves we can conclude that Denver will not take a Corner or OT with the 10th pick.

I don't agree with the former. You really can't have too many CB's and we are still really thin there. Jackson will be playing a fair bit of Safety in my opinion, so CB is definitely still an option at #10.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I don't agree with the former. You really can't have too many CB's and we are still really thin there. Jackson will be playing a fair bit of Safety in my opinion, so CB is definitely still an option at #10.

I agree. I still expect us to grab a lower tier CB in free agency as well. While I am not thrilled about the $$ on these deals, that is just the cost of signing FA's these days. TE, IOL, and another CB (at low cost) will allow us to navigate the draft without having to worry about position as much.

Extending players before free agency is more important than ever these days. Would like to see one or more of the following players extending this offseason: Bolles, McGovern, Shelby Harris, Chris Harris, Simmons. With the $$ FA's are getting though...I can't blame a player testing the market.

• Like 1

I read on Bleacher Report that the Broncos may still land Paradis.  I keep reading that Paradis is one of the best centers in the league. I didn't realize he was THAT good.  So, our offensive lines pretty good shape in Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern, James?  I'd imagine some more early draft picks to add some depth, although, I've heard good things about Sam Jones, and Wilkinson seemed to play well as a backup.  Nevertheless, this seems like good protection for Flacco and a good group to open holes for a solid backfield.  

I don't know if would be too much to ask to still go out and get Amos.  

49 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

I agree. I still expect us to grab a lower tier CB in free agency as well. While I am not thrilled about the $$ on these deals, that is just the cost of signing FA's these days. TE, IOL, and another CB (at low cost) will allow us to navigate the draft without having to worry about position as much.

Extending players before free agency is more important than ever these days. Would like to see one or more of the following players extending this offseason: Bolles, McGovern, Shelby Harris, Chris Harris, Simmons. With the $$ FA's are getting though...I can't blame a player testing the market.

No CB's will be in TOP 10 this year. Too high. Each player have weaknesses.

3/4 Players have potential for 2nd round + 3 TOP 15/30

Edited by French Fan

James is a really solid RT, probably the best one Denver’s had since Ryan Harris during the Shanahan days.

He still was overpaid, however, but OTs are so hard to find it was going to happen if Denver decided to go after one of the top ones on the market.

59 minutes ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

I just hope we pick up a decent ILB in FA or draft.   Please do not pick up a QB in the first.  My gut tells me that Lock is a bad move.  

We need to take one. If you pick later this is not the answer for the long term and you need to suck in 2019 to have a good pick to take a QB next year.

I want to succeed in 2019 not suck. All QB's are a risky move. Kyler Murray should be the 1st pick and Haskins cost too much draft picks to take him.

Lock is 1 of the 3 first round this year. You need to gamble this year !

• Like 1