Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Mack didn’t want to be here.... we offered him deals he would have accepted if he wanted to stay but he didn’t. 

I’m glad he’s gone... we are so much better off with that trade and who we got in it and how it sparked a rebuild....

Plus Mack hasn’t consistently dominated and taken that next step to being elite, like Aaron Donald is.  He’s been a 10 sack a year guy for Chicago, which is good but not amazing.  He’ll never return to his ‘15 and ‘16 form.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Mack didn’t want to be here.... we offered him deals he would have accepted if he wanted to stay but he didn’t. 

I’m glad he’s gone... we are so much better off with that trade and who we got in it and how it sparked a rebuild....

Plus Mack hasn’t consistently dominated and taken that next step to being elite, like Aaron Donald is.  He’s been a 10 sack a year guy for Chicago, which is good but not amazing.  He’ll never return to his ‘15 and ‘16 form.

Shame we couldn't put more around him. Definitely, Donald is on another level.

I'd really like to see how our young edge guys develop. I still think we are 2ish PREMIUM players away from being a contending type of team. We need to now get guys you can truly win because of. Not just with.

We have a ton of average to good glue players. Maybe the cohesiveness of the defense will elevate them, or Arnette/Robertson will really boom.

Littleton is kinda that type. So is a Trent Brown, Jacobs, Waller, etc. 

I think 2021 is the year we can become a "year to year" playoff team. We are getting there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd really like to see how our young edge guys develop. I still think we are 2ish PREMIUM players away from being a contending type of team. We need to now get guys you can truly win because of. Not just with.

We have a ton of average to good glue players. Maybe the cohesiveness of the defense will elevate them, or Arnette/Robertson will really boom.

I think 2021 is the year we can become a "year to year" playoff team. We are getting there.

What positions would you like those "premium players" at?  I feel we could use a premium players at DE, DT, CB and WR.  We may have some on the roster if Maxx can further develop, Ferrell can reach is full draft potential and Ruggs as a WR.  We have quite a few players with a lot of potential but it is still not clear how good they can really be.  

If both Maxx and Ferrell can get after the QB, our interior Dline can penetrate and rush the passer, Ruggs becomes a stud and Edwards can be that big possession/ red zone threat we can do some interesting things this year. 

I have left a few other player out but am pressed for time right now LOL 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What positions would you like those "premium players" at?  I feel we could use a premium players at D, DT, CB and WR.  We may have some on the roster if Maxx can further develop, Ferrell can reach is full draft potential and Ruggs as a WR.  We have quite a few players with a lot of potential but it is still not clear how good they can really be.  

If both Maxx and Ferrell can get after the QB, our interior Dline can penetrate and rush the passer, Ruggs becomes a stud and Edwards can be that big possession/ red zone threat we can do some interesting things this year. 

I have left a few other player out but am pressed for time right now LOL 

Definitely but the cards would have to fall. If I had to pick 2 positions, it would be FS and IDL (DT). Possibly a WR if someone falters (next years class is absolutely loaded again).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The hubris comment wasn’t directed solely at her.  The comment has directed at society as a whole.  Everyone thinks there so safe, “it wouldn’t happen to me”, etc etc..... until it does.  That’s hubris... intentional or not.  

It’s especially prevalent with wealthy people, as she became.  I do Admit I’m more sensitive to these things then most having had a neighbor toddler drown when I was a child, living in an area that has a large man made like where every year at least 3 Dominicans come on from the Bronx to go swimming and jump off a cliff and end up dying.... like clockwork it happens 3x a summer, and now working in the pool industry for the last 5-6 years and being responsible for meeting Absurd safety codes, but they’re there because someone did die before...... not to mention spending years in prison where your never safe and one small mistake and your life’s on the line.  All day I see just crazy things people do And say and think “do they not realize how badly things could turn for them” but their completely obvious to that l possibility.

I don’t want to go into it more than that though.... I get why you fired back at me and it’s no hard feelings.... There was no Ill will meant from either side.

I completely understand.  I get into it with my in laws all the time about my kids.  They always say look they are fine or they have done it before.  I just always say things are always fine until they are not.  You can do it 99 times without incident but that next time will be your last.  You do not have to be risk adverse but learn how to mitigate risk.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Spot on.... this is why I didn’t want to spend 18+M on Clowney.... I don’t think he’s THAT premium player FOR US.  Not to mention it’d be a one year rental.  Not to mention the young guys are will likely peak in ‘21 and given out cap situation we should be able to add 2 premium pieces via FA in ‘21 and be contenders in ‘21, while still having the ability to start extending the ‘18 + ‘19 drafts a year early, which is the best way of keeping cap costs down.

I think we need a premium DT and a FS, said it 100x now.  There will be a ton of FS options in FA next year.  There should be some nice DTs too.  Wouldn’t mind another WR if Williams isn’t the guy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Spot on.... this is why I didn’t want to spend 18+M on Clowney.... I don’t think he’s THAT premium player FOR US.  Not to mention it’d be a one year rental.  Not to mention the young guys are will likely peak in ‘21 and given out cap situation we should be able to add 2 premium pieces via FA in ‘21 and be contenders in ‘21, while still having the ability to start extending the ‘18 + ‘19 drafts a year early, which is the best way of keeping cap costs down.

I think we need a premium DT and a FS, said it 100x now.  There will be a ton of FS options in FA next year.  There should be some nice DTs too.  Wouldn’t mind another WR if Williams isn’t the guy.

Agree those are they key spots. Also super super important for the defense.

Let's also hope Key can break out as a speed/situational rusher to go with Nassib. 

Randall is a solid NFL player but if we can get someone who can REALLY process and move, that would also elevate the defense for sure. IDL is a no brainer.

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I kind of agree, but the roster is pretty set so adding Clowney for 1 year will not effect salary cap in the future, because he will be off the books.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I kind of agree, but the roster is pretty set so adding Clowney for 1 year will not effect salary cap in the future, because he will be off the books.

But it does because the remaining Salary cap carries over to the next year AND we’d have to restructure contracts to free up 10-14M to sign Clowney.  That’s borrowing from Peter (‘21 cap) to pay Paul (‘20 cap).  

so if you get Clowney this year it costs you an elite DT like Kenny Clark on a long term deal or a very good FS and enough money to sign 2-3 value deal veterans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

But it does because the remaining Salary cap carries over to the next year AND we’d have to restructure contracts to free up 10-14M to sign Clowney.  That’s borrowing from Peter (‘21 cap) to pay Paul (‘20 cap).  

so if you get Clowney this year it costs you an elite DT like Kenny Clark on a long term deal or a very good FS and enough money to sign 2-3 value deal veterans.

Not if most of it is up front bonus. 1 year 18M, 14M bonus, 4M salary and we can still carry over 4M, Plus Carr might be off the books after this season ;)

Mayock just talked about having 3 large, lengthy DEs in Crosby, Ferrell, and Nassib. But said something I’ve been saying for a while.... we lack twitch (and speed).  

if collins plays well and we resign him & the other 3 DTs play well and form a nice rotation (which I think they will) and we resign Hankins too....

instead of spending top money on a DT, I wouldn’t be opposed to signing in FA it using a 1st or 2nd (or even a 3rd if the players more one dimensional) on a twitchy, lengthy OLB that can blitz.  Someone athletic enough to drop in zone coverage and not get lit up, but doesn’t have to be Isaiah a Simmons in coverage.

hopefully like @MrOaktown_56 said Key progresses (we don’t need an all pro out of him just a solid contributor) because that will minimize the need.  But having a lengthy speed rusher at LB who vee we n drop down to DE at tunes would do wonders.... just an idea I’ve had 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Not if most of it is up front bonus. 1 year 18M, 14M bonus, 4M salary and we can still carry over 4M, Plus Carr might be off the books after this season ;)

That’s simply not true.  

in order to give him that contract you have to restructure someone (Trent Brown most likely) And lower his ‘20 cap hit and in doing so increase his future cap hits. 

We have 8+M in cap space and Clowney will cost 16-18M.... no matter how you do it your pulling money from ‘21 and beyond to pay for Clowney this year.

and even if you get your dream and Carrs gone, Mariota or someone else will cost the same or more.

I’d love to see a contract for 1yr deal Clowney that pull money from ‘21.... 

It’s impossible to pay 18M for a player when you have only 8M and not “borrow” from the next years cap.

not to mention if you don’t sign Clowney that 8M Carries over to ‘21 and you have extra cap space.

lets hear the Bernie/AOC economic plan that allows this....lol 

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Mayock just talked about having 3 large, lengthy DEs in Crosby, Ferrell, and Nassib. But said something I’ve been saying for a while.... we lack twitch (and speed).  

if collins plays well and we resign him & the other 3 DTs play well and form a nice rotation (which I think they will) and we resign Hankins too....

instead of spending top money on a DT, I wouldn’t be opposed to signing in FA it using a 1st or 2nd (or even a 3rd if the players more one dimensional) on a twitchy, lengthy OLB that can blitz.  Someone athletic enough to drop in zone coverage and not get lit up, but doesn’t have to be Isaiah a Simmons in coverage.

hopefully like @MrOaktown_56 said Key progresses (we don’t need an all pro out of him just a solid contributor) because that will minimize the need.  But having a lengthy speed rusher at LB who vee we n drop down to DE at tunes would do wonders.... just an idea I’ve had 

This is exactly why I wanted Chaisson in the draft. 

By not being able to sign Byron Jones we had to draft a CB considering that was such a glaring hole on our roster.  

I would much rather have Jones and Chaisson over Prince and Arnette.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I can’t Say what would happen if I ever saw Ari Shaffir in person but I guarantee he’d regret what he did.  Horrible vile sub human.  Besides the Kobe thing he’s just a bad bad beta-male “person” for many many reasons.

dont know much about Delia but he’s the pedofile comedian right?  He can go too imo.

Best thing is I had to look up these two you are talking about and I've never heard of them. Then I was about to click on an article to find out the details and I decided 'WHY'?!? It hadn't mattered in my life up until this moment and giving it my attention and energy is really not necessary and has no bearing on my life. Yet for so many people, what others say/do/think does...I find that interesting...I think I'm the odd one but sometimes maybe I've got that arsebackwards.